Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ribs85
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A few questions from a new Nexus owner

Hello everyone. I've been using my Nexus 4 for about a week and a half now. I'm slowly customizing things to my liking. I do have a few questions though and I was hoping I could get a few answers. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1. I can not take a good picture with this camera for the life of me. Everything comes out crazy dark. What am I doing wrong? Are there settings I should tweak to make things better? Is there a 3rd party app I should be using to take pictures?

2. I've been an iPhone user for the past 4 years and the share options in Android have been a revelation. But there are a TON of things in that menu that I am never going to use. Can I remove options from the share menu or at least sort it how I want too? Having to scroll all the way to the bottom to share something on WhatsApp is annoying the crap out of me.

Default Re: A few questions from a new Nexus owner

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Forged View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been using my Nexus 4 for about a week and a half now. I'm slowly customizing things to my liking. I do have a few questions though and I was hoping I could get a few answers. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1. I can not take a good picture with this camera for the life of me. Everything comes out crazy dark. What am I doing wrong? Are there settings I should tweak to make things better? Is there a 3rd party app I should be using to take pictures?

2. I've been an iPhone user for the past 4 years and the share options in Android have been a revelation. But there are a TON of things in that menu that I am never going to use. Can I remove options from the share menu or at least sort it how I want too? Having to scroll all the way to the bottom to share something on WhatsApp is annoying the crap out of me.
    1. I hope this help with your first question This is How to take better pics with your nexus 4!!! - xda-developers
    If it doesn't help, call google or RMA your device.

2. er....I will leave this to someone else...

Have you tried adjusting the white balance? Indoors with low light I usually have it at +1. Outdoor shots work great on 0 . I haven't seen a manual of any type for the camera settings. Some settings are obvious to me, some not so much:-)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok that makes all the difference. +1 for indoor shots works great.

Thanks everyone!

For question 2:
    You need something like Andmade Share:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...madesoft.share

Basically you set Andmade as your sharing app and it then pops up its own customisable list. Not used it myself but the reviews seem good.

Demo video is based on a really old version of Android, but you get the idea:
    Thanked by:
    Lanhoj 
    Lanhoj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribs85 View Post
    For question 2:
    You need something like Andmade Share:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...madesoft.share
    Been looking for something like this for years, THANKS!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by boxer2 View Post
    Have you tried adjusting the white balance? Indoors with low light I usually have it at +1. Outdoor shots work great on 0 . I haven't seen a manual of any type for the camera settings. Some settings are obvious to me, some not so much:-)
    http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/...answer=2840311

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Thank you Mr. Nobody. You are somebody in my eyes.