Need Help - switching from Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T) to N4

kallemia

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided that since my contract upgrade isn't valid til November, and the N4 is such a good deal, I would try it. I have been having problems with the Lumia 900 not connecting to my car via Bluetooth, and well, I just want to try the Nexus stock android experience in the phone - I have a N7 tablet that I love.

The N4 has arrived and I am ready to do the switch, but I don't know where to start. The Lumia 900 uses a micro-SIM - but it's a 4G LTE micro-SIM. Will that work as is in the N4?

The last time I switched my SIM to a different phone I had to call AT&T to get the voicemail to work, but I am using YouMail now, so I hope that will not be a problem... but I don't know. Should I call AT&T and report the new IMEI of the N4?

I've read a bit on the forum and I am concerned now that this is going to be more involved than I'd thought originally. I was hoping it would just work (data/voice/sms) when I pop in the SIM...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Karl

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
the micro sim will work with N4. when i switched from Nexus S to N4(I am still in contract) I had to call ATT.
the whole process took 5 min

kallemia

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. I don't have free time to do this til this afternoon. That's the first thing I will do. I just perused a 15 page long thread about APN's and dealing with AT&T customer service and LTE plans... so I feel a bit confused! My current data plan is listed as: "Data Unlimited on 4G for LTE Smartphone Enterprise. No Access to corporate email, company intranet sites and other business applications."...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. I don't have free time to do this til this afternoon. That's the first thing I will do. I just perused a 15 page long thread about APN's and dealing with AT&T customer service and LTE plans... so I feel a bit confused! My current data plan is listed as: "Data Unlimited on 4G for LTE Smartphone Enterprise. No Access to corporate email, company intranet sites and other business applications."...
you will still have the 4G ie HSPA+ when you swap sim.
I was having 3g with Nexus S and when i switched i got 4G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci