Dust under front facing camera?

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I received my nexus 4 in the mail just under 2 weeks ago and noticed recently that there is a ton of dust under the front facing camera. Not just a spec but quite a lot of dust. Its very noticeable in a bright environment. Does anybody else have this issue with the phone? Google agreed to ship me a new phone and then ship them the current phone back in the same box so I won't be out a phone but I'm hoping the new nexus 4 does not have this issue. I know its only the front facing camera but its only been 2 weeks and it already has a lot of dust in it so I could only imagine months down the road. And also I don't want it to hurt its resale value when I want to upgrade.

tldr

does anybody else have dust under front facing camera?

BobDaNob

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Not mine, it's quite immaculate (and I have some dusty work pockets).

Probably just the (bad) luck of the draw for that phone.

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
heres a picture

24xqt6h.jpg

Hannon86

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine so I returned it and got a new one. It didn't seem to affect the camera but i didnt expect that kind of issue with a brand new phone. The RMA process was fairly painless

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Sweet how is it with the new phone? Dust not an issue anymore. And hey do you know by any chance a way to back everything up or do I just have to re download all my apps and add them to folders again? Kind of annoying. But yea RMA seems really easy. I called Friday and the new phone is already going to be here tomorrow

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1