Nexus 4 Switches to WIFI by Itself

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my Nexus 4 on AT&T while I experiment with my iPhone 4S on T-Mobile.

I notice my Nexus 4 keeps turning on WiFi all on it's own sometimes and it's done it about five times now without me switching it. It's also restarted a few times today all on it's own. Nothing new installed over the past few days. Only change was putting the AT&T sim in and changing the APN. Can a sim card do cause these problems?

The signal bars drop from full to none and back occasionally just like they have always done with AT&T on any phone in my house.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh you sure you havent got any apps such as smart wifi toggler? Also I would recommend using your WiFi as much as possible, it really is better for your battery.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
In WiFi settings, it's set to "Off" isn't it?

If it is, then in your WiFi settings, find the WiFi connection that it's connecting to, press it and select "forget". Your phone won't auto-connect to that WiFi network and should run on 3G.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Using Juice Defender or Snapdragon Guru (whatever it's called)? Those will turn on WiFi, is setup to do so. Actually, I had to Snapdragon app and it drove me nuts always turning my WiFi on.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I see you found your answer. I was about to ask if you had any of those silly power managers. Of course if you are ever in doubt use a logcat to check what's switching it on or off. :)

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting in the Snapdragon app to disable the auto wifi on. I un installed it, didn't really see any improvement.

TimJ100281

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a used Nexus 4 and I'm having this problem after doing a factory reset. Is there something I misse somewhere in the setting or something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz