Nexus 4 charged to 100% too quickly?

fien

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Not trolling, I swear.

Last night my battery was at around 35%, so I wasn't surprised to wake up and find the "Connect your charger" notice on the phone.

Now it's only been a few minutes since I plugged it in, but suddenly the indicator says 100%. After disconnecting it for few more minutes, it dropped to 99%.

This is the first time I've encountered this issue. Usually it takes several hours to reach a fully charged status.

What do you recommend I do? This phone's only 1-2 months old. Should I let it drain completely? Should I install some battery calibrating software?

BamBamBam1994

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Restart it. I had this problem, its just that your phone will say that it is at 100%, but it isnt at 100, its just at the percentage that it was before.

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem on a owl qi charger.

Charger kept stopping at around 70% but the phone took that 70% as the new 100% and rapidly charged and discharged. This went on for about a week until I noticed.

One night just let the phone run down and turn itself off, and charged with the lg charger that came with it (did charge with it switched on though). After two nights it was good as new!

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the included charger? Lower output chargers sometimes cause problems like this.

It sounds like your battery stats just got screwed up. It's not a major problem. A battery calibration app might help, but on my other android phones I always found letting the battery discharge completely and then fully charging the phone before turning it on again usually did the trick.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Restart your phone, I think using chargers not supplied with the phone result in this happening and probably why many people encounter the "oh my phone had a lot of battery and randomly turned off" problem.

fien

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. :) I found that disconnecting it from charging and reconnecting it updated the charging status. So it may have been the electricity going through that became unstable or something. I'm using the official charger. I usually charge via USB, that might be another factor too.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. :) I found that disconnecting it from charging and reconnecting it updated the charging status. So it may have been the electricity going through that became unstable or something. I'm using the official charger. I usually charge via USB, that might be another factor too.

Yessir, the USB charging is the culprit. Output from USB ports can vary quite a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

cmabat

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue several times now. I usually plug in the charger when the battery shows 4% and leave it on until completely charged. A few times I'd plug it in and come back to it, say, 30 minutes later to find it 'fully charged'. When I turn my phone off and back on, it shows the correct charge. It has happened about 5-6 times now. I'm in India using a converter for the american plug that came with the phone. But I've tried using an Indian USB to wall connector and it does the same thing. Any ideas?