- 37 Posts
Why is my camera app inaccurate?
I'm not really sure how to explain it, but the camera app is very misleading on my phone!
I took a picture of a part of a bank statement (a joke between me and my friends), and I made sure you could only see that one payment. I was about to post it on Facebook and realised that my camera had actually taken a bigger picture (that happened to include more sensitive information) than what was on screen when I took the picture.
The camera actually takes bigger pictures than what appears on the camera app. A very mild frustration, but I wondered if anyone had any fixes? Maybe I changed a setting by accident? I have to take pictures remembering that the picture is actually going to include bits to the left/right/above/below that aren't shown on the app.
- 03-19-2013, 11:32 AM #2
- 03-19-2013, 11:54 AM #3
Re: Why is my camera app inaccurate?
Most viewfinders, even ones on screen, only show somewhere in the area of 90-95% of what the sensor is actually capturing. You'll see this much more often on dSLR cameras with optical viewfinders than phones, because they market it more heavily. (i.e. advertising that "Canon camera x"'s viewfinder has 97% coverage)
- 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM #4
- 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM #5
- 3 Posts
- 03-19-2013, 06:15 PM #6
- 03-19-2013, 06:33 PM #7
- By Metalhawj in forum HTC One XReplies: 5Last Post: 05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
- By whitenack in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
- By arwild01 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 25Last Post: 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
- By clavodulce16 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM
- By crossover37#AC in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:23 AM