Data Problems (as in none): Nexus 4 with Straight Talk

William Hattar

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind... just got it to go. turned off my wifi while i was home and it engaged the cellular data.

for anyone else having this problem with Straight Talk on their Nexus4:

FIELD
NAME straight talk
APN wap.tracfone
PROXY 216.155.165.40
PORT 8080
MMSC http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS PROXY 216.155.165.40
MMS PORT 8080

(the following were autofilled)
MCC 310
MNC 260

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had problems getting wireless data from T-Mobile after using my wi/fi. The solution for me was to turn wireless data off for a minute then turn it back on with wi/fi off. I then got data from T-Mobile again. Try this simple solution if you haven't.

fairytree

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have an update for correct APN settings for ATT compatible ST? I bought an ATT micro sim on amazon for my new HTC One X.
Talk and text work just fine as well as wifi but mobile data won't connect. I have used every setting I've found including the one provided by ST. I turn off and turn back and still no luck. Please help if you have any ideas!! Thank you!

TJones3

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind... just got it to go. turned off my wifi while i was home and it engaged the cellular data.

for anyone else having this problem with Straight Talk on their Nexus4:

FIELD
NAME straight talk
APN wap.tracfone
PROXY 216.155.165.40
PORT 8080
MMSC http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS PROXY 216.155.165.40
MMS PORT 8080

(the following were autofilled)
MCC 310
MNC 260

I am having the same issue as the OP. I entered the info into the apn just as you have listed, but I still cannot connect to cellular data. Has anyone else had success with this APN setup or any other possible solutions?

cherbs019

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue as the OP. I entered the info into the apn just as you have listed, but I still cannot connect to cellular data. Has anyone else had success with this APN setup or any other possible solutions?

You might be throttled as I was, try calling this number and talking with them: 1-800-989-1506

Jared Houseman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had to go with net10 because I did a home "chop" job on my straight talk Sim when I got my nexus 4. Do not go to T-Mobile or at&t store for a Sim card, I tried it didn't work. Net 10 is the same company as ST, just 5 bucks more :/, but it solved my issues and it has work great since.

thebunga

May 9, 2013
Visit site
on my nexus 4 phone and Straight Talk, how do i change the APN in accordance with the Straight Talk instructions??? so far as i can tell, the nexus 4 is VPN, not APN. or am i just retarded?

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
on my nexus 4 phone and Straight Talk, how do i change the APN in accordance with the Straight Talk instructions??? so far as i can tell, the nexus 4 is VPN, not APN. or am i just retarded?
Go to settings.
Select 'more...', under Data Usage
Select Mobile Networks
Select Access Point Names
On the bottom is a menu button. Tap it to and then enter in the APN settings.

deboy89

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My galaxy nexus was having the same problem on the T-Mobile sim after 3 days they finally agreed that they need to reset my sim and my phone was fixed. So if your still having this problem have the operator to call management for the reset hopes this helps

anitje

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody.

I have been using Straight Talk on AT+T network with an iPhone but was thinking of buying a Nexus 4 and switching to Android. This thread has me a bit worried.

Can anybody give me proxy settings for Nexus 4 on ST's AT+T network? And how well does it work? I would like to get some feedback before I buy the phone.

Thanks

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody.

I have been using Straight Talk on AT+T network with an iPhone but was thinking of buying a Nexus 4 and switching to Android. This thread has me a bit worried.

Can anybody give me proxy settings for Nexus 4 on ST's AT+T network? And how well does it work? I would like to get some feedback before I buy the phone.

Thanks

agatto2

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem... Att unlocked phone. Bought the chip from St... Cannot get anything by "edge data" I used the exact instructions from smart talk and i am having touble finding the proper settings.

Is anyone able to post the proper settings for the above situation?

Thanks

rory1982

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue and tried all the fixes mentioned above and on other forums. Finally just called Straight Talk, got to a person relatively quick. She had me try the default APN settings again, didn't work. She then had me power down the phone, took 3-4mins and changed some settings on her end. I booted up and the problem was solved. She didn't tell me what the problem was or how she fixed it, but it was fixed!

Rohit Indukuri

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I think there is some issue with Android/Nexus 4. It is taking the factory default(t-mobile) settings even after deleting it and entering ST settings. This probably explains the redirect to t-mobile url.

Here's what worked for me on my Nexus 4.
1) 'Reset to Default' in APN settings
2) Delete the T-mobile APN settings that shows up after the reset on Nexus 4.
3) Restart phone.
4) Enter the ST APN settings that come with the SIM. Support | Straight Talk
5) Restart phone.

Hope this helps.

~RI

marinebugler199

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been having trouble ever since I rooted my N4. Im using ST with the ATT sim. I just switched my APN to the one shown in Sweet Pikake's post and Im having better results than Ive had the past few days. Still not the best, but we're getting there. They seriously need to get their stuff together.