Disabling swipe up

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable swipe up for Google Now. While playing Temple Run 2 occasionally swiping up to make the character jump causes Google Now to open which is very frustrating. I don't wan't to disable Google Now altogether, just the swipe up action. Using stock launcher.
Thanks in advance for your help.

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Turning off Google Now stops the display of cards and returns Google Now settings to their defaults.

Open the Google Now screen.

Touch the Search bar at the top of a Home screen, or swipe up from the lower left corner of your tablet while viewing any screen.
Touch Menu> Settings > Google Now, then slide the switch at the top right to Off.
In the Turn off Now cards dialog, decide whether you also want to turn off Location History. If you do, check Also turn off Location history.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
If you're rooted, you might want to try GMD gesture control, it has an option to hide the status bar and nav buttons, which will stop you accidentally activating Google Now, though I think this feature requires the paid version.

I don't have the Nexus 4, but it works nicely on my Nexus 7, so it should work.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If your running a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod you can activate extended desktop which hides the navigation bar.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to disable swipe up for Google Now. While playing Temple Run 2 occasionally swiping up to make the character jump causes Google Now to open which is very frustrating. I don't wan't to disable Google Now altogether, just the swipe up action. Using stock launcher.
Thanks in advance for your help.

If you don't want to root or install a custom rom, maybe try swiping from the middle of the screen instead? I've put in countless hours in Temple Run 2, and never had this problem.

montuq

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact same problem but with GoogleSearch (I dont use GoogleNow).

If you are using Cyanogenmod, you can disable the "Google Search" app and then go to System Settings - Launcher - Homescreen - and un-check "Search bar (enable persistent search bar)" to remove the Google Search bar on the home screen that is now useless.. Now when I swipe up from the bottom of the screen, it does what you would expect.

aecl755

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
This app does just that. It doesn't disable Google Search, it just takes place of the swipe intent, so (i think) it's perfect for what you want! No root or anything required!