1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4: Turn off notification sound when charging on wireless charger.

Hi,

I've done some searches and found it's new for 4.2.2. But couldn't find how to turn it off.

Anyone know?

Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM/CyanogenMod 10

Default Re: Turn off notification sound when charging on wireless charger.

Doesn't it only come on when you put it on and off?

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    I`m alive

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Funny, I had it go off mostly the first week with the wireless charging, but rarely since.
    I'm possibly interrupting it from sounding now as I have a Tasker task trigger and do a bunch of setting changes when my phone is charging.
    The sound only triggered before when placing the phone on the charger; nothing when it is removed.

tasker is the answer.
    Thanked by:
    Miffo 

I know this is old, but can you elaborate on this a bit? I just got a phone with wireless charging, and the noise is very annoying. I tried creating a Llama profile to shut it, but the built-in notification is (usually) faster than Llama's ability to mute for a minute. The phone is a Droid Maxx (Android 4.2.2), so rooting isn't (yet) an option, but I'm happy to use Tasker if it will work.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is really about the sound when you first place the n4 on the wireless charger? Smh. I've never seen so many ocd people as on these forums...

If you are rooted you can navigate (Using Root Explorer or similar) to System/media/audio/ui and find the sound you want to shut off and rename it adding ".bak" to the end of it.

For example - ChargerConnect.ogg.bak

Posted via Android Central App
    Galaxy Nexus S3

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Do not disparage others for your easy life. For those of us who take call 24x7 (doctor, EMS, etc) to help others in need in the middle of the night when we can get it, we need our sleep and this is very annoying. Appreciate others help on this subject. We cant just turn off our phone and go to sleep. The sound is not just when starting charge but also at 2 AM or so when charge is complete and it wakes up turns onlight and tells you to take it off the wireless charger. Does not happen with wired charging which is nuts.

Sorry, I have only have heard mine make a sound when I first put it on the wireless charger...never again. That's why I thought it odd to care about such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    Sorry, I have only have heard mine make a sound when I first put it on the wireless charger...never again. That's why I thought it odd to care about such a thing.
    I agree with this; I am a light sleeper who routinely hears incoming email alerts during the night but I never hear the charge notification except when I first put the phone on the charger.

I do have something to add to this general conversation however. My wife and I have identical Nexus 4's, both purchased within a few minutes of the initial release last November. We are both un-rooted, no custom ROMs, no third-party launchers. We have many of the same apps installed, though we are not identical in that respect. We are both fully updated running Android 4.3 plus the 2nd smaller update.

Both of our phones go onto the same wireless charger at night (this one: ). My phone issues the notification sound as soon as the charger has "connected" (that is, the blue led turns on solid); my wife's does not.

I have reviewed every possible setting and configuration option and simply cannot determine why we have this difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsdoc View Post
    Do not disparage others for your easy life.
    ha. great quote.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Its actually any time the charging stops/restarts, for example if the battery gets hot (which they do, particularly with a case on). Stupid that phone don't have a special option to enable/disable this.

Nope ... Mine only makes a beep when first put on the charger..official Google qi charger..sometimes it doesn't even do that.
    Very strange that some beep when charged etc... Is it the charger maybe not the phone? I have heard of chargers beeping lime this. You could just open the charger and pull the speaker wires.

Default Re: Nexus 4: Turn off notification sound when charging on wireless charger.

I also had this behaviour with my Nexus 5, and I found it kind of annoying.
    Thats the reason I made an (ChargeNotify) to disable it, unfortunately because its not an android option it uses root permissions to replace the file with a silent file.
    I did ofcourse build a restore function into it.

Last edited by Arjenlodder; 02-20-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Default Re: Nexus 4: Turn off notification sound when charging on wireless charger.

Timerrific app worked for me