Picture Messages & Bluetooth

Dot1620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Morning I was wondering if anyone could help with a few issues i seem to be having.

First of is picture messages a few weeks ago someone was trying to send one and it never came through so I tried and it just showed as sending so I read up and turned on data roaming as advised and mine went and I got the one sent to me, since then if
I turn on data roaming to send a picture the message stays as sending and like wise I'm not getting picture messages, can anyone advise.

Secondly the Bluetooth has decided not to switch on anymore if needed again can anyone advise.

Thanks

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "data roaming", but picture messages (MMS) needs data on to send and receive. They don't travel through the same channels as text messages.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

adam514

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't send/receive picture or video messages (MMS) until I put in my carriers Access Point Name settings. I just looked it up (Telus APN settings) and it I plugged in whatever ports and security settings and it worked. Perhaps you need to do the same with your carriers settings. (Settings>more>mobile networks>Access Point Names)

As mentioned MMS (pic and video messages) need the data to be turned on. I don't know either what you mean by data "roaming". Lastly, I've been having problems with the bluetooth on my N4 so i'm figuring it's a glitch with the 4.2.2 update. I've heard of a few people having this issue. Simple reset seems to fix the problem, although temporarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781