Nexus 4 Screen Smoothness

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
so my screen protector was wearing recently and i decided to take it off and apply a new one the next day. however, i noticed how much clearer and smoother it felt using the phone without a screen protector. now, is this due to the oleophobic coating that's applied during production or is the phone always like this? i'm not worried about scratches or dropping the phone, but if the phone's natural screen is always like this then i don't mind going without a screen protector. so this question is toward those users who never used a screen protector on their phone. does the phone feel smooth even after several months or does that wear after time?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine feels very smooth (got it in early Dec). I've never used a screen protector on any phone and never had scratches, but I don't carry my phone in my pocket either (I have a case and a holster).

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
so my screen protector was wearing recently and i decided to take it off and apply a new one the next day. however, i noticed how much clearer and smoother it felt using the phone without a screen protector. now, is this due to the oleophobic coating that's applied during production or is the phone always like this? i'm not worried about scratches or dropping the phone, but if the phone's natural screen is always like this then i don't mind going without a screen protector. so this question is toward those users who never used a screen protector on their phone. does the phone feel smooth even after several months or does that wear after time?

Gorilla glass 2 has a much lower coefficient of kinetic friction than a plastic film screen protector so it will always feel smoother. It's also made to be crystal clear. Mine does not feel any less smooth being naked.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Got it 2 months ago it stays smooth.