Is TMobile's $30 4G plan gone?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
They changed their plans and I can't find it on the site anymore. Is that plan gone?
Cell Phone Plans | Cheap Cell Phone Plans & Unlimited Data | T-Mobile

The old url: prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

Will they let everyone with that plan keep it?

EDIT: I found it at the bottom as one line of unclickable text: Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly 4G | T-Mobile

Trying to figure this out is making my head spin. I can't really tell what is going on and which plan is which. My options in My Tmobile have changed also. If you don't have to pay taxes, the new pricing is actually better (if I am reading everything correctly).

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The plan still exists but isn't really advertised as I'm guessing it isn't as profitable for T-Mobile as the other plans.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not hard at all to find. It is still right there..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364276362473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364276362473.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 269

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not hard at all to find. It is still right there..

Not the same plan. $30 and $70 are the same, but data has increased for the $50 and $60 price tiers. T-mobile has removed the "No Contract Monthly 4G" moniker also.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Still there. Helped a friend get this plan on her phone about an hour ago. She can deal with the 100 minutes because she texts more than anything.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks ago, on the old page describing the plans, they specified that the $30/100 min plan was for new activations only and only available at t-mobile.com or walmart.com . I don't see that verbiage here (or maybe it's buried in the fine print that my bifocals can't quite decipher :) ). I wonder if that's an oversight or if they are going to make that plan available in stores? Or for non-new activations. Not that either affect me; just thought it was interesting. Or maybe they now have this plan buried so deeply on the website that not that many people would know about it anyhow.

BTW, I wonder how popular this plan is? I mean I see a lot of people here using it. And it is a great plan for me because I don't make many phone calls. But, judging from the people I see driving and shopping, they spend their lives talking on the phone so it wouldn't work for them. Hopefully it's popular enough that they keep it, but not so popular that it costs them $.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As above, I did see they are offering a little more of some of the plans with data speed caps. I also noticed this yesterday when I logged into my account. Instead of the $50 plan capping 4G data at 100MB, it's now 500MB. They also announced the new plans along with the iPhone 5 coming to their network.

T-Mobile?s new Simple Choice Plan starts with a base rate of $50 per month for unlimited talk, text and Web with 500MB of 4G data.3 Consumers can add 2GB of 4G data for $10 per month per line or get unlimited 4G data for an additional $20 per month per line. Customers can add a second phone line for $30 per month, and each additional line is just $10 per month. There are no caps and no overages.

T-Mobile: Uncarrier contract-free pricing now available | BGR

Looking at this in more detail, I'm going to switch from Prepaid to one of these plans. I can get 4 lines with unlimited everything (2.5GB 4G speeds) for $140 bucks. Right now, I'm paying $140 for 4 prepaid plans. The $30 100MIN plan x 3 and the $50 unlimited (100MB 4G) and the 1500 MIN plan 30MB data. I'll come out at the same price and all lines will be unlimited everything.

Last edited:

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if that's an oversight or if they are going to make that plan available in stores? Or for non-new activations. Not that either affect me; just thought it was interesting.

I get the same warning as I got a week ago if I try to change the plan in My T-mobile account. It is the same pop-up as before, so at least for now it looks like it is still a one shot deal that you lose if you change. Here is the pop up:

You have a promotional plan active on your account.

That was a one-time promotion, and was only active during plan activation.

You can continue with your new plan by clicking ?Yes? but you won?t be able to change back to your current plan at a later date.
You can keep your current plan by clicking ?Cancel?.​

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I get the same warning as I got a week ago if I try to change the plan in My T-mobile account. It is the same pop-up as before, so at least for now it looks like it is still a one shot deal that you lose if you change. Here is the pop up:

You have a promotional plan active on your account.

That was a one-time promotion, and was only active during plan activation.

You can continue with your new plan by clicking ?Yes? but you won?t be able to change back to your current plan at a later date.
You can keep your current plan by clicking ?Cancel?.​
Does anyone know if that's tied to ESM/IMEI or only the SIM?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
$30 for 100 minutes unlimited text and data, but capped at 5GB is a perfect plan. Just port over your old number to Google voice and use talkatone or forward your calls. And you have unlimited everything for 30 bucks a month :D. Plus if you wanted more minutes it's only 15 bucks for 150 minutes :D still cheaper than 110 a month. But my company pays for my phone so this doesn't apply to me. I would do this in a heartbeat if I didn't have that luxury.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If I go on their website and select the SIM kit, the cheapest plan available is the $50 single line. It looks like you would have to order the SIM kit by itself, then when it arrives maybe you can activate it with the $30 plan.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If I go on their website and select the SIM kit, the cheapest plan available is the $50 single line. It looks like you would have to order the SIM kit by itself, then when it arrives maybe you can activate it with the $30 plan.

When you get the sim, you go to the website and at the bottom of the main page, is the activate phone link. Click it and when you go to activate your phone and sim, you will be able to choose the $30 plan. It's there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital