Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  • 1 Post By Greg C
  • 1 Post By chestont
  • 1 Post By ConTejas
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 4 or??

help please? I've had horrible trouble with my nexus 4...it's frozen, clock stopped (which nearly caused me untold grief at work) and the connectivity has been a problem, wifi didn't work properly etc and another example, when leaving an underground station, using tfl app for bus times, it takes ages to find out what buses are coming because the phone didn't find 3g...I'm thinking about trying another phone, but am wondering if half the trouble i had was due to the phone malfunctioning and so all would be grand with a new one...any thoughts super welcome, thanks :-)

Default Re: nexus 4 or??

Have you tried factory resetting it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes...didn't work...got option of getting another or refund...

I would try a replacement first. It's a great phone and that route wouldn't cost you anything. You mentioned that your phone couldn't find "3g." Is there some reason that you're not letting it connect to a HSPA+ network?
    Greg C likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I would try a replacement first. It's a great phone and that route wouldn't cost you anything. You mentioned that your phone couldn't find "3g." Is there some reason that you're not letting it connect to a HSPA+ network?
    Yep.... definitely try a replacement.
    honeyfleur likes this.

Carrier
    MIUI, CM9, Bugless Beast

Yeah unless your issues are something with the way the phone was actually designed to function (lack of lte, sd card, etc) I would just look at doing a replacement, you probably initially bought the device because you liked it.
    honeyfleur likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i liked the phone, it just never worked properly... and similarly with hspa, it was very up and down with connection...and certainly on leaving the tube, as said, it would remain no connection for ages, the grey triangle...but if i had turned the wifi off, it found it quicker...how long should it take to find a signal?? and also, the gps wasn't good...again, would take ages to find me...is this fast on a normal working nexus 4? thanks :-)

Carrier
    Latest OS + EX kernel

Quote Originally Posted by honeyfleur View Post
    i liked the phone, it just never worked properly... and similarly with hspa, it was very up and down with connection...and certainly on leaving the tube, as said, it would remain no connection for ages, the grey triangle...but if i had turned the wifi off, it found it quicker...how long should it take to find a signal?? and also, the gps wasn't good...again, would take ages to find me...is this fast on a normal working nexus 4? thanks :-)
    Unfortunately, you have a defective device. I could not live with the issues you've stated (nor would anyone else I'd imagine). Fortunately, it seems the RMA process with Google is painless and I haven't heard of people receiving mulitiple defective units (cough...unlike the Sammy gnex).
    honeyfleur likes this.

Mine finds signals (including gps) almost instantly. How is your signal strength wherever you are right before you get gray bars...in other words, are you in an area with solid coverage or do you just get a single bar?
    honeyfleur likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

right, it does sound super defective...i was in central london and the signal would go up and down, nothing, to full, and was just very changeable....thanks for your help all, very useful and kind :-)))