Only DCIM and MISC folders shown when I USB connect my N4

Nezzuz

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my Nexus 4 as a media device the SD/MMC drive shows only two folders, a DCIM and MISC folders, which I more associate with a camera. If I'm not incorrect it did show other folders earlier, like the Ringtones folder and a Music folder.

I have tried a factory reset of my phone, but it still only shows these two folders. Using a file explorer on the device I can see the other folders, but not when I have connected it to USB to Windows 7.

How do I get the other folders to show up on my home computer?

Nezzuz

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess the problem is that on my Win7 system I have the ADB driver installed. It shows up as a SAMSUNG Android Phone. On a Win7 or WinXP system where no ADB driver has been installed the phone comes up as Internal Storage, showing the files.

Is there a way to have an easy switch between the MTP and ADB driver? Or is there an ADB driver that supports MTP?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess the problem is that on my Win7 system I have the ADB driver installed. It shows up as a SAMSUNG Android Phone. On a Win7 or WinXP system where no ADB driver has been installed the phone comes up as Internal Storage, showing the files.

Is there a way to have an easy switch between the MTP and ADB driver? Or is there an ADB driver that supports MTP?

With windows 7 you should not need ADB for file transfer. Turn off USB debugging on your phone, make sure your phone is on and thatvthe screen is awake when plugged in to the PC. With windows xp, you need to ensure service pack 3 is installed and that you have media player 11 on the PC, still no debugging though.