Question about nexus 4 charging

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I just had a quick question on what the nexus 4 is supposed to read when it's finished charging? Is it supposed to say "charged 100 percent" or is it supposed to just say "charged" because I have seen both and I was thinking to make sure I'm not understanding plugging my phone too early.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just had a quick question on what the nexus 4 is supposed to read when it's finished charging? Is it supposed to say "charged 100 percent" or is it supposed to just say "charged" because I have seen both and I was thinking to make sure I'm not understanding plugging my phone too early.

On both my N4 and N7, it says "Charged" in both the lock screen and quick settings when fully charged. This applies both when fully charged and plugged in and when fully charged and unplugged.

whitespace

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
On my quick settings page, it goes from "CHARGING, 99%" to "CHARGED".

On the battery settings page (tap on the battery widget in quick settings) it goes from "99% - Charging (AC)" to "100% - Full" (at the same time it states "CHARGED" on the previous screen.)

This is on stock Android (4.2.2, Nexus 4) with no additional battery widgets.

If you are seeing "charged 100 percent", then maybe this is a different app?

Does it say charged or charged 100% ?

return_0 does already state that it says "Charged". :) But either way, "Charged" and "charged 100%" mean the same thing, so you are not missing a trick if, for some reason, you are seeing one and not the other.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
On my quick settings page, it goes from "CHARGING, 99%" to "CHARGED".

On the battery settings page (tap on the battery widget in quick settings) it goes from "99% - Charging (AC)" to "100% - Full" (at the same time it states "CHARGED" on the previous screen.)

This is on stock Android (4.2.2, Nexus 4) with no additional battery widgets.

If you are seeing "charged 100 percent", then maybe this is a different app?

return_0 does already state that it says "Charged". :) But either way, "Charged" and "charged 100%" mean the same thing, so you are not missing a trick if, for some reason, you are seeing one and not the other.

If I leave the phone on the charger overnight, it's says charged. But if I'm waiting for it to charge it says charged 100percent and stays that way. Probaly if I left it charging for a while longer it'll eventually turn to charged, but it seems like it stays at that charged 100 percent display forever.

whitespace

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I do not see the specific "Charged, 100%" message anywhere I'm afraid. As mentioned, on the battery settings page it states "100% - Full" when still plugged in to the charger and "100% - Not charging" when it's unplugged. Meanwhile, the quick settings page just shows "CHARGED" in both cases - and this goes for the lock screen as well (having previously stated 99%).

Charging does seem to slow off a little when it's nearing fully charged. The final few % from 97%+ do seem to take a little longer, and this is shown in the charging graph that rounds off at the end - although as yet I don't have to wait too long for it to finish.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I do not see the specific "Charged, 100%" message anywhere I'm afraid. As mentioned, on the battery settings page it states "100% - Full" when still plugged in to the charger and "100% - Not charging" when it's unplugged. Meanwhile, the quick settings page just shows "CHARGED" in both cases - and this goes for the lock screen as well (having previously stated 99%).

Charging does seem to slow off a little when it's nearing fully charged. The final few % from 97%+ do seem to take a little longer, and this is shown in the charging graph that rounds off at the end - although as yet I don't have to wait too long for it to finish.

Exactly the same experience for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax