New Nexus 4s have an updated design - no more slippage!

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I read a debate on this - others claim it is for the speaker to sound louder when the phone is laid flat. Either way, it's a multipurpose upgrade! :D

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
guess it helps if youre not rocking a case but i guess the majority will be.
i'm using a ringke case on my nex 4 so i can't see it helping any phones that use a case.

saw your article mentioning the camera being off center... couldnt that actually be a design error?
maybe they got a difference source on the camera or related component and now it's off.
who would build a camera thats off center on the hole?

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I'm getting a replacement device for my Nexus 4 that I ordered back in December, so I look forward to seeing the new improvements.

Have you noticed any differenced with the camera in terms of picture quality as well by the way?

edab

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My new N4 was order on the 18th, delivered on the 20th and I also have the new design. Really doesn't matter about the nubs on the back as I carry my phone in an Seidio Active case but do wonder what the change in the camera lens design would be for..................... I'm be check back, hope someone can come up with the reason and post it

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last Friday directly from t-mobile and looks like I have the old design. Guess Google/LG hasn't sent any to t-mobile or they have but I just happened to get some of the already existing supply. Oh well.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
saw your article mentioning the camera being off center... couldnt that actually be a design error?
maybe they got a difference source on the camera or related component and now it's off.
who would build a camera thats off center on the hole?

I wonder about that, too. My second batch N4's camera is slightly off-center as well though (about half a mm), so it could just be the effect is magnified with the smaller area around the lens.

Sean2020

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just recieved my Nexus and it also has the 'bumps' on the button, the camera hole is also slightly smaller than the previous design

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jerfer

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Now I want to buy another Nexus 4 to replace my current one, just so I can have the updated one. :eek:

I mean, it's not like I'll loose any money if I sell the one I have on eBay. I sold my 8GB one for $355 after I replaced it with the 16 gig model.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
What percentage of owners use neither bumper nor case? I know there's a vocal contingent here that likes to "go naked" but is that common across all users?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Only if you had posted this thread a few days ago, some guy was complaining about these nubs and he sent his phone back for 4 (yes 4!) replacements because he thought it was a defect as there was no official google announcement

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
on the flip side, how many times do you think people will try to have their phone replaced to get the 'enhanced' camera redesign? lol.

seriously... have you ever seen another phone company enhance their phones by putting the camera off center on the hole?

if not some camera part off position, i bet the back glass is from a different source and spec'd the hole smaller... and off.

nexus-cameras2.jpg

Only if you had posted this thread a few days ago, some guy was complaining about these nubs and he sent his phone back for 4 (yes 4!) replacements because he thought it was a defect as there was no official google announcement

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I saw that. I would be confused if I saw that, but after my 2nd or 3rd replacement I would get the idea.

On an unrelated note, when typing "Yeah" above, I at first accidentally typed "Yesh" for some reason (well obviously a typo, as the 's' key is right next to the 'a' key on the American keyboard).

Just thought I would put that out there.