Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Default New Nexus 4s have an updated design - no more slippage!

New Nexus 4s have an updated design - no more slippage!-nexus4-redesign.jpg

Very interesting! Little nubs left, support and keep it from sliding.

I just bough this one this week from Google Play.

Full story here: Confirmed: Nexus 4 now shipping with updated design | Android Central
    Thanked by 2:
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.

Default Re: New Nexus 4s have an updated design - no more slippage!

Apparently it helps with the ringer volume muffle effect too. Could you try it out for us?

I read a debate on this - others claim it is for the speaker to sound louder when the phone is laid flat. Either way, it's a multipurpose upgrade!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

I can tell a difference. Not a whole lot, but it's noticeable. A little louder, more full.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts

I have them on my Nexus. I got it on Monday. Order was placed on Friday, March 22nd.

guess it helps if youre not rocking a case but i guess the majority will be.
    i'm using a ringke case on my nex 4 so i can't see it helping any phones that use a case.

saw your article mentioning the camera being off center... couldnt that actually be a design error?
    maybe they got a difference source on the camera or related component and now it's off.
    who would build a camera thats off center on the hole?

Awesome! I'm getting a replacement device for my Nexus 4 that I ordered back in December, so I look forward to seeing the new improvements.

Have you noticed any differenced with the camera in terms of picture quality as well by the way?

ROM
    stock N4

My new N4 was order on the 18th, delivered on the 20th and I also have the new design. Really doesn't matter about the nubs on the back as I carry my phone in an Seidio Active case but do wonder what the change in the camera lens design would be for..................... I'm be check back, hope someone can come up with the reason and post it
    Nexus 4 & 5

I got mine last Friday directly from t-mobile and looks like I have the old design. Guess Google/LG hasn't sent any to t-mobile or they have but I just happened to get some of the already existing supply. Oh well.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    saw your article mentioning the camera being off center... couldnt that actually be a design error?
    maybe they got a difference source on the camera or related component and now it's off.
    who would build a camera thats off center on the hole?
    I wonder about that, too. My second batch N4's camera is slightly off-center as well though (about half a mm), so it could just be the effect is magnified with the smaller area around the lens.

I just recieved my Nexus and it also has the 'bumps' on the button, the camera hole is also slightly smaller than the previous design

Sent from my Nexus 4

My N4, purchased in February, has the off centre, newer camera design, but no nubs.

Got mine this week, and mine has the nubs.

Now I want to buy another Nexus 4 to replace my current one, just so I can have the updated one.

I mean, it's not like I'll loose any money if I sell the one I have on eBay. I sold my 8GB one for $355 after I replaced it with the 16 gig model.

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Google and LG couldn't come up with this idea during the design or testing phase?
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."

What percentage of owners use neither bumper nor case? I know there's a vocal contingent here that likes to "go naked" but is that common across all users?

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Only if you had posted this thread a few days ago, some guy was complaining about these nubs and he sent his phone back for 4 (yes 4!) replacements because he thought it was a defect as there was no official google announcement

on the flip side, how many times do you think people will try to have their phone replaced to get the 'enhanced' camera redesign? lol.

seriously... have you ever seen another phone company enhance their phones by putting the camera off center on the hole?

if not some camera part off position, i bet the back glass is from a different source and spec'd the hole smaller... and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    Only if you had posted this thread a few days ago, some guy was complaining about these nubs and he sent his phone back for 4 (yes 4!) replacements because he thought it was a defect as there was no official google announcement

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Yeah, I saw that. I would be confused if I saw that, but after my 2nd or 3rd replacement I would get the idea.

On an unrelated note, when typing "Yeah" above, I at first accidentally typed "Yesh" for some reason (well obviously a typo, as the 's' key is right next to the 'a' key on the American keyboard).

Just thought I would put that out there.

ROM
    Stock

So what about "Yeesh"?

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddytee View Post
    So what about "Yeesh"?

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    Yeeeeeeesh? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

my gf has the nexus 4 with two little those foots. I was like...What @@?

It do sound a little better my opinion.

I'm not going naked with mine but I can see this appealing to those that do. I just can't. I drop my phones about once every 2 months or so and usually in places where that nice glassy back would end up scratched to heck if not shattered

someone needs to find that thread and post about this so that others searching the internets won't think there is a defect.
    I voided my warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    on the flip side, how many times do you think people will try to have their phone replaced to get the 'enhanced' camera redesign? lol.

seriously... have you ever seen another phone company enhance their phones by putting the camera off center on the hole?

if not some camera part off position, i bet the back glass is from a different source and spec'd the hole smaller... and off.

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...s-cameras2.jpg
    I have the old nexus, my camera is off but in the opposite direction (closer to the left) doubt it probably does anything probably just something someone noticed different between the two.
    As for the bumps on the back not something i would wait an extra month for (waited ages for my current one, wouldnt wait an extra for a non slip bump)
    as for the naked feel, I use my cover when out e.g coaching as i know the people i coach and mates love to play on my nexus, but when i am gaming at home or just playing around case goes off.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast