cant decide

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon, I have a Galaxy Note 2 but for some reason I cant stop thinking about the nexus 4, I feel like im missing something. Is it worth it for me to get a nexus 4 now with google I/o right around the corner and would it be a good idea for me to leave my Galaxy Note 2 for it.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is the best phone you can get at the moment IMO. But the Note 2 is still a great phone. I think it's a little premature to sell your Note 2, and if I were you, I would hold off until at least I/O to see if anything good comes out there. Maybe even wait until the X Phone announcement.

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Kinda depends on what you feel like you are missing. If you want a vanilla android experience in a phone with a smaller footprint then it's not a bad purchase. Especially since the Nexus 4 is relatively inexpensive for an unlocked device. However, the Note 2 has a lot of great features (larger screen, touchwiz additions, removable battery, etc) that you might miss if you switch over. So unless you've been really jonesing for a vanilla android experience and more assured Android updates, don't really know if the Nexus 4 is an upgrade.

If you're waiting for I/O just in case there will be some great device it's a tough choice. Personally, unless I know something is available in a couple of weeks, when I'm ready to buy a new toy, I just buy what is currently out, that I know I'll love. That's how it was when I bought my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4. No regrets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would wait for the 32GB announcement for the Nexus 4...lol! As a fellow Note 2 owner who also has a Nexus 4 it is my firm opinion that the Note 2 is superior in almost every measurable way to the Nexus 4. That does not mean the Nexus 4 is not a great little device, it is, but the Note 2 is just superior. The reason I have one is to carry on the weekends because my shorts pockets are not as deep as my slacks or suit pants and the Nexus fits better.

The only area I can really think of as an advantage for the Nexus 4 is the faster updates. Unless you hate touch wiz, which I do not. I will also add wireless charging though I now have the receiver pad for my Note 2 but it was not ready out of the box like the Nexus 4.

During our recent spring break we went to an area that did not have att LTE so I took my Nexus 4. It did great and was fun to have, but I could not wait to get home and get my hands back on my Note 2. I was going through withdrawal after a week without my Note 2!

I would definitely recommend holding on to your Note 2 and finding out a way to try out the Nexus 4 before punting your Note 2. Just my opinion.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon, I have a Galaxy Note 2 but for some reason I cant stop thinking about the nexus 4, I feel like im missing something. Is it worth it for me to get a nexus 4 now with google I/o right around the corner and would it be a good idea for me to leave my Galaxy Note 2 for it.

I have a Note 2 and just bought a nexus 4. Great minds and the what nots.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends what you want out of Android. I've always been unhappy with OEM skins because they added features I never used, took me too long to get updates, and I always use 3rd party launchers anyway. This phone was the fist Android that allowed me to set my Android experience up exactly how I want it to be without having to TiBu-freeze OEM and carrier extras, root, or ROM. I know that's not important to everyone but that, coupled with immediate access to updates rank among 2 of my top 3 requirements out of a smartphone (the 3rd being hardware/software reliability)

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd keep the Note 2. The only phone I would consider over the N4 is the Note 2, and if money was no object I would have gotten the Note 2. Don't get me wrong, the N4 is awesome and I am hooked, and I'll be upgrading to the N5 when it comes out (and not the Note 3), but if I had a Note 2 today I'd keep it till Fall and then buy the N5. Unless you are some kind of developer or get immense joy customizing and working with pure android, I'd say your not missing anything that can't wait till the Fall.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Depends what you want out of Android. I've always been unhappy with OEM skins because they added features I never used, took me too long to get updates, and I always use 3rd party launchers anyway. This phone was the fist Android that allowed me to set my Android experience up exactly how I want it to be without having to TiBu-freeze OEM and carrier extras, root, or ROM. I know that's not important to everyone but that, coupled with immediate access to updates rank among 2 of my top 3 requirements out of a smartphone (the 3rd being hardware/software reliability)

Agreed. I love the note 2, but touch wiz is terrible. It's a shame that the note 2 doesn't come in a vanilla version.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It takes seconds to disable touchwiz. Just saying.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Its never completely disabled unless you flash a ROM, or root it and go through every single touch wiz related app and process and freeze them with tibu.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Both are great devices. I get better battery life on my Note 2 and i prefer the screen on the Note 2.
With that said my Nexus 4 is my back up.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have both devices also. Love the size of the Nexus and the dock, but tend to use the Note 2 when I know I'll be outside, the screen is so big and bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy