buying nexus 4 in US, but using it in China and Sweden

choovuck

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm considering buying Nexus 4 primarily because my understanding is that it's very easy to use with different providers. I'm planning to travel a lot in the next two years, and mainly will live in China and Sweden. Can anyone confirm if it's as simple as buying a sim-card of a Chinese and a Swedish provider and sticking it in? This should allow me to use it as a regular phone and as a wifi device? It may be naive of me, but is cell phone frequency in China and Sweden same as in US?

Thanks in advance!

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing - Frequencies range from the carrier and the country. What's unique about the Nexus 4 though is that it is a pentaband phone (5 frequencies) in terms of 3g connectivity, and quad-band in terms of cellular connectivity, which means it should work in every country in the world that has GSM connectivity (sim-card), and you'll most likely be able to get data as well!

Check out this map: GSM World Coverage Map- GSM Country List by frequency bands

It shows the counties all around the world that use GSM 900/1800MHz or 850/1900MHz, and all 4 bands are supported in the Nexus 4. That means you can literally use your phone in every country in the world, except for Japan and South Korea. Quite awesome, isn't it?

I hope that helped :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret