N4, can flash be side loaded.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I am currently using a Rogers one x. I am thinking about upgrading to an N4. I like to watch Netflix and videos from various web sites. I have sifeloaded flash on my one x after the Jelly Bean update. I was wondering if anyone knew if I can sideload flash on the N4 and a flash enabled browser to veiw flash content? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I also wondered if I do order an N4 from the playstore online, will it be shipped from Canada where I am, or the US? Thanks agsin.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I also wondered if I do order an N4 from the playstore online, will it be shipped from Canada where I am, or the US? Thanks agsin.

Hey hey hey, another Canadian! Always good to find a fellow Northern Android fan

While I can say with absolute certainty, I would imagine it will ship from the USA. in March I ordered a N7 and it shipped from the states. Ordered mine on a weekend and it took 4 business days for me to get it. (I ordered it Sat morning and I believe I had it the following Friday when I got home from work)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yup, although flash doesn't seem to work with Chrome (my favorite browser). Firefox does work and Dolphin as well. I prefer Firefox but others like dolphin browser. I'm sure there are others as well

Sent from my Nexus 7

Dolphin Browser disabled Flash. :(

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I am currently using a Rogers one x. I am thinking about upgrading to an N4. I like to watch Netflix and videos from various web sites. I have sifeloaded flash on my one x after the Jelly Bean update. I was wondering if anyone knew if I can sideload flash on the N4 and a flash enabled browser to veiw flash content? Thanks.

Boat Browser works great for Flash. The User Interface is simpler than Firefox.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Boat browser on my one x, but I was not sure if flash would work on the N4. Thanks everyone.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Ships from the states but since it is sold by Google Canada, you should not be charged duty.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I use Boat browser on my one x, but I was not sure if flash would work on the N4. Thanks everyone.

Just enable it in the browser's settings. I REALLY wish Dolphin Browser gave that option. The option is shown, but when you go to enable it you get a message that it's been disabled.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am seriously considering ordering it soon. I have been reading and watching reviews about it on youtube. My only concern now is download speed on Rogers network. I know the N4 does not have lte, but I am sure that it will not be too slow. I use wifi whenever I can.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Rogers as well, in Southeast Manitoba. I've run a few speedtests over the last week and average is probably 3 to 3.5 down and between 0.5 to 1 up (Megabits per second). I'm in a 4G/HSPA+ area, running a Galaxy Nexus -- which is well known for its rather weak radios! I'm pretty sure that the N4 will do you just fine!

The numbers are rough averages. I've gotten as high as 4.2 down and as low as .75 down. With all things, your experience may vary but I'm pretty sure you'll be happy! I rarely remember upload speeds since if I need to upload data I usually wait until I have wifi access.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Dancing-Bass. I just placed an order for an N4 April 2. It was late so it will most likely be processed on the 3rd. I have been tyring to unlock my one x bootloader for quite some time, with no success. It looks much eadier to unlock and root the N4. Then I will tackle my N7. Cheers.

GKWANNABE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I was reading several other posts on this exact same subject but, I came across a few that said that Nexus 4 with 4.2.2 does not support Flash Player. Well I already had FireFox browser downloaded and I installed the lates update of the flash player which is 11.2 I think. Anyway, It didn't work for me. I aslo came across another reply in this other post that said to download an older version of flash player, than upload an updated version and THEN, download the FireFox browser or which ever browser you will use (which ever supports flash player). In that exact order. So I uninstalled my firefox browser and my flash player. Then I downloaded the latest flash player and then downloaded the firefox browser and it worked! Even though I didn't follow his steps in order, it still worked BUT, it was buffereing more than it played correctly. So... give it a try and let us know if it works for you. It could be that I was indoors on TMOs HSPA+ so that could have been why it buffered so much. Yes, I did it on my Google Nexus 4 which I love! Good luck! Keep us posted if it worked for future peeps who read these posts and replies.

PelegK

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy you new phone !
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Device: LG Nexus 4 (16gb Faster bin)
ROM: PA 3+ (UV -100)
Kernel: franco.Kernel Latest Nightly

--== @ Sign up Copy below for 20GB free cloud (instead of only 15gb) @==--
[link deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie