Where to find APN settings?

bencrackber

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I hate douches who point you to Google or some other link instead of just answering the fecking question.

BTW, "at&t APN settings for Nexus 4" link doesn't answer the question.

Change APN:
Settings > More... (under Wireless & Networks) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > press the three vertical dots

Last edited:

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I was using my N4 on Solavei for a couple months that uses TMobile. I'd ported ,my cell number from Verizon where I used GN. I decided to try NET10 with ATT because the T-Mobile coverage was OK around where I lived but was not good at all in the area I work.

When I switched from VZ and my nexus to Solavei and the N4 it did take several hours until the next day before my phone number got ported and I could get calls and texts. Seems like I remember my data service came up right away. Well I'm not getting any data service on the N4 with NET10. I've been trying different APN settings suggested on the NET10 website they gave me during signing on to the service and I tried some different settings suggested by others on the central forums and over at xda all to no success getting service. The NET10 website said it could sometimes take a couple business days getiing the phone number ported but I should be getting data service should I not? Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The NET10 website said it could sometimes take a couple business days getiing the phone number ported but I should be getting data service should I not? Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Nope. If you can't make calls, your data normally won't work either. Until the port is complete and your phone number is assigned to that SIM, the SIM is "unregistered" and essentially useless.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey thank you for the reply. I found something also on the website about the status of my phone that sounds like what you said.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well it took into the 3rd business day but my n4 is working again now on NET10. Get to see now how ATT is in my area.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well it took into the 3rd business day but my n4 is working again now on NET10. Get to see now how ATT is in my area.

Had to call NET10 tech support last night as my data would not work with the APN settings the website said to use. Put in some different settings they gave me, rebooted and I then HD 3-4 bars of H service! And I'm getting 2-3 bars of H at work where with TMobile I was getting E at best but most of the time none.