Phone doesn't seem to charge

Linas22

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I had my phone charging overnight as I always do. Today the battery drained to 14% with warning so I thought I turned it off. I eventually plugged it into the charger and cannot get it to turn on. I've tried removing the battery a couple times, nothing.
It's been plugged into a wall outlet now for 2 hours and still nothing seems to work.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
With the charger plugged in, press and hold vol+, vol-, and power all at the same time. You might have to hold them in for 30 seconds (but hopefully less). If your phone has enough power, it SHOULD force a reboot. Then you can turn it back off and leave it to charge overnight.

If it doesn't boot up, unplug it and try the same thing. (Hold down vol+, vol-, and power until it boots). If this fails, leave it plugged in overnight and try again in the morning.

If that doesn't work... hopefully someone else has some better ideas to get you going.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Have to hold down volume rocker and power button at same time as suggested. Is there a solid red light on LED? If so then the Nexus 4 may have died and you'll need to get replacement from Google. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Linas22

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On Sunday April 1 for some unknown reason the phone turned on and worked all week. Today, one of my apps was giving me an error and the battery was down to 25%. I turned off the phone to recycle and lo and behold the phone won't turn back on... ridiculous

Linas22

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
No red light as a matter of fact like last weekend, there is absolutely no light when charging; normally there is a green light

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You have talked about removing the battery. The Nexus 4 and the Nexus 7 do not have removable batteries. The Nexus 7 does not have an LED. You posted in the Nexus 4 forum, and then said you have a Nexus 7. Which device do you have? Please tell us so we can try to help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7