I think my settings might be messed up

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It starts with me trying to do a speedtest using the speedtest.net app. I'm located in Florida, but it shows the nearest servers in Kansas only 45 km away, which is impossible. GPS is on so I dont know how it's thinking that. I went to settings>more...>mobile networks>network operators and it searched for a minute, and AT&T is listed three times. I chose one and it said the network is unavailable, then all my signal bars went away. I then told it to "choose automatically" to get back on the network, but I still can't get an accurate speedtest. I'm more concerned that it doesn't think I"m in thee right place.

I dont know how to check/change my APN if that's even the problem, or am I dealing with someting else?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you using actual Att sim or Att mvno prepaid?

I can tell you speedtest app did the same thing on my nexus 4, using both straight talk and BlackWireless Att compatible Sims.... Not sure why....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you using actual Att sim or Att mvno prepaid?

I can tell you speedtest app did the same thing on my nexus 4, using both straight talk and BlackWireless Att compatible Sims.... Not sure why....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
true AT&T sim. I'm finding different APN settings that I probably should be using, just wanted to make sure I wasnt the only one seeing this. I know there was an LTE workaround but I am already upgraded to 4.2.2. It's not a big deal, but I just was curious why it thought my phone was hundreds of miles away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech