USB Port problem

MJohn360

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
-Brief description of the problem: The computer does not respond to connect the phone to the USB port - no sound, no startup or display device manager (previously had no problems, just one day the phone stopped sees computers).
-Device / Model: nexus4, rev.11
-Operating System and Firmware: 4.2.2 stock
-Action, such as drivers reinstalled / insert another port / tried it on another PC / USB debugging mode to include / connection type changed

Battey widget monitor saying, that charge goes from USB not from AC:
2re05so.jpg

It's a USB hardware brick?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
settings-->storage-->[menu, 3 dots]-->USB mass storage--> check MTP

then connect again, btw, USb debugging has to be disabled for USB storage to work

MJohn360

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
settings-->storage-->[menu, 3 dots]-->USB mass storage--> check MTP

then connect again, btw, USb debugging has to be disabled for USB storage to work
This is independent of type USB connecting, The problem is that phone is not charging from AC anymore (using wall charger), and PC is not sees phone anymore (only charge)

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This is independent of type USB connecting, The problem is that phone is not charging from AC anymore (using wall charger), and PC is not sees phone anymore (only charge)

It is also independent of the truth. I have debugging on and USB storage works just fine.

That being said, I'd try a different charger and/or cable to make sure we can eliminate those as a problem.

MJohn360

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It is also independent of the truth. I have debugging on and USB storage works just fine.

That being said, I'd try a different charger and/or cable to make sure we can eliminate those as a problem.
I've already tried multiple cables and PC still doesn't see it and when charging its says through USB. I think it's hardware level break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36