1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default External Mic?

Does anyone know if the Nexus 4 supports an external mic? I just picked up a cheap one from Radio Shack that plugs right into the headphone jack. It doesn't recognize it as being there or work. Anyone had success doing this? I'm hoping to get better direct audio on my videos than the poor built-in mic.

Default Re: External Mic?

I would think that it must since I have 2 headsets with external mics that work. You probably have a jack on your mic that is not compatible. You might try getting a jack converter at radio shack. If I remember correctly, it all about the divisions you see on the jack. I think for a phone, you need what they call a 3 pole jack, but I could be off on that.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Pretty sure it supports external mics considering the official N4 headset has a mic.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I would think that it must since I have 2 headsets with external mics that work. You probably have a jack on your mic that is not compatible. You might try getting a jack converter at radio shack. If I remember correctly, it all about the divisions you see on the jack. I think for a phone, you need what they call a 3 pole jack, but I could be off on that.
    Ah I didn't even consider the 3 pole jack aspect. I thought if it was a 3.5 mm it should work. That helps, I'll give it a try. Thanks