Galaxy S3 to the nexus 4?

ILUMINATIUNDEAD

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3... I'm not that impressed with it and I hate touchwiz as well. I recently ran into the Nexus 4 and I was surprised it was not rooted. The interface is everything I ever wanted! I'm just wondering is it worth it to switch to the Nexus 4? Apparently it's not cutting technology or anything... so I'm not sure.

webb3201

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I love the Nexus 4 and can't say enough good things. That said, it could make more sense to root and rom the S3 and make it what you want. You will not lose the cost of your investment, you get an SD card slot and removable battery...oh and LTE. Search Youtube for "Super Nexus project"

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same way as you with an s3. Ran custom roms which were based on aosp. Stock nexus 4 I'd still superior - faster and smoother and more stable. I feel it's a worthy upgrade, even if not a massive one. I more did it to switch networks honestly though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei network!

ILUMINATIUNDEAD

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I was rooted onto AOKP... nothing but problems though. Would have to do so many resets from crashes and... yeah. Super unstable. Even though it was the most "stable rom".

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an s3 before getting the n4. The nexus did not replace the s3 but I got it some time later to back up my note 2.

My s3 was not getting used after I got my note 2, so I sold it. A month later I wanted something smaller and lighter for the weekends.

I picked up the nexus 4 and like it fine. I miss my lte and sd card though. If I had it to do over I would have kept my s3. But now at least I can consider the s4...I will keep my nexus 4 though. I hope to always have a nexus phone if possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Had the s3, sold it and never looked back. Super fast, no lag, no touchwiz and speedy updates straight from the source. That's what you can expect from a nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Had the s3, sold it and never looked back. Super fast, no lag, no touchwiz and speedy updates straight from the source. That's what you can expect from a nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I am glad something is fast on this phone because it surely ain't HSPA+...lol! Sorry could not resist. It is a great phone!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Like many, I've got both & definitely prefer the N4 (haven't touched my S3 since less than a week after getting the N4). However, at this point I'd say hold off til the Nexus 5 if you can.

It's only about 6/7 months away...seems long but it'll make it that much more sweet when you finally get it...or there's always the option of getting the N4 now & the N5 then since hopefully they'll keep the same pricing structure so you can hopefully afford both!
That's what I'm planning to do though will likely also pick up an S4 in the meantime to keep me busy.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My only concern is the battery life and camera. Does it compare?

I think the battery life is comparable. In my opinion, 4.2.2. helped the N4 battery life and reduced standby battery use. The camera is not as well rounded as the S3. It has some cool features but in my opinion the s3 is a better all around camera and camcorder. If this is an important feature for your I would check it out closer.