Phone charger buzzing

mbalsaritchie

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
The lg charger that came with the phone buzz's when I plug it in, and even when I unplug it, it will carry on for a little while. Anyone else noticed this. Now using my nexus 7 charger.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like faulty charger.. The only way you will be able to replace it will be by sending everything including the phone back to google.

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine doing that a few months ago, been using it since no problems. I read somewhere what it was can not remember exactly what it said but it was normal and I have had no issues.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never noticed mine buzzing.

I did read yesterday where Google Play now has some accessories that can be order for the N4, one of them being the OEM charger. I would suspect that this means you can now contact Google and have a defective charger replaced all by itself. Before they had these separated items, you had to RMA the entire phone to get a new charger. Call them up!

fronten

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
My charger appears to be buzzing too, but only if plugged into a wall with no device to charge attached.
If I attach My Nexus 4 the (hardly audible) buzzing stops.
So for me it's not much of a deal, one should unplug unused chargers anyway.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My charger for my note 2 buzzes too. I wouldnt worry about it unless it's annoying you when your going to sleep lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
All chargers (actually, all transformers) buzz/hum. You may have to listen more closely to some than to others, but they all do it.

Some continue to buzz for a short period after being unplugged because they contain capacitors which hold a significant electrical charge that degrades slowly over a period of many seconds after the power source is removed. Again, completely normal; like the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, it is just the way these things work.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
thats just not true... all chargers do not buzz/hum... i can tell you from a ton of various 100s of phones/chargers i've had come in and out of my office (IT) and personally use. and just checked some old chargers just a moment ago to make sure i just didnt notice.

and honestly the charger on the nexus is the first i've really had that does... and i probably wouldnt have noticed it until i had a charge problem of charging 10% an hour.

i would say it's not a big deal if it buzzes... but when i first got my nexus it made no noticeable sound and charge a phone from empty to full within 2.5 hours... if you find your phone is now taking longer to charge, then i say it's going bad.

All chargers (actually, all transformers) buzz/hum. You may have to listen more closely to some than to others, but they all do it.

Some continue to buzz for a short period after being unplugged because they contain capacitors which hold a significant electrical charge that degrades slowly over a period of many seconds after the power source is removed. Again, completely normal; like the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, it is just the way these things work.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
only after they send you a new phone first which makes it more bearable.

i thought it was silly too when calling google about the charger failing (10% per hour charge) that they dont just send a replacement charger but send a whole new phone with charger. i was going to just live with it and use my andru charger but they said they send the phone out first and you send back the old phone after... so i did it and been happy with the new phone. new phone didnt have earjack buzz so it was a bonus.

Looks like faulty charger.. The only way you will be able to replace it will be by sending everything including the phone back to google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37