Nexus 4 Read Report for SMS

Owen188

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figured out a way of knowing if someone has read your text? Was on bbm and now not on Android. I understand the carrier issue that some carriers may not allow it but I know mine does. Any apps that support this?

Thanks
Owen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So, please excuse my ignorance, but there is a way to verify if the recipient had not only received the text but had also read it? Huh, that's pretty cool.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So, please excuse my ignorance, but there is a way to verify if the recipient had not only received the text but had also read it? Huh, that's pretty cool.

The delivery report only tells you that the message was sent and that they received it. If they actually READ it, thats a different thing. From my understanding, this is something unique to instant messaging services (iMessage, WhatsApp, BBM, Fbook Messenger) but I could be wrong.

Henry McFall

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a zte warp a while back and one of the modded stock sms apps had this feature, so maybe someone could unlock that feature through apk modding.. and it does in fact tell you when the message is received, and read in the app, not through the status bar.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
To see if a message is actually read or not (not just delivered), both users need to be using an app which has this capability, since standard SMS/MMS does not have this capability.