Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeadpoolJunior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 Read Report for SMS

Anyone figured out a way of knowing if someone has read your text? Was on bbm and now not on Android. I understand the carrier issue that some carriers may not allow it but I know mine does. Any apps that support this?

Thanks
    Owen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Nexus 4 Read Report for SMS

open sms app-->Menu-->Settings-->Check "Delivery Report"

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

So, please excuse my ignorance, but there is a way to verify if the recipient had not only received the text but had also read it? Huh, that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    So, please excuse my ignorance, but there is a way to verify if the recipient had not only received the text but had also read it? Huh, that's pretty cool.
    The delivery report only tells you that the message was sent and that they received it. If they actually READ it, thats a different thing. From my understanding, this is something unique to instant messaging services (iMessage, WhatsApp, BBM, Fbook Messenger) but I could be wrong.
    Owen188 likes this.

I had a zte warp a while back and one of the modded stock sms apps had this feature, so maybe someone could unlock that feature through apk modding.. and it does in fact tell you when the message is received, and read in the app, not through the status bar.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

To see if a message is actually read or not (not just delivered), both users need to be using an app which has this capability, since standard SMS/MMS does not have this capability.
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

I think Hangouts has that feature.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2