1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data connection inconsistent and drops out frequently

Not only for data, but for WiFi also on my Nexus 4, the connection doesn't stay strong and often drops in and out constantly. Just by looking at the little WiFi and data connection icon on the notification bar right now, the two up and down arrows flickers constantly, meaning goes on and off constantly. It is very annoying when it doesn't load a webpage, or won't let me upload, or download something the first time, and I have to refresh or retry for it to work. Does anybody have this issue also?
    [I'm using ATT contract plan with 4-full bars of signal]

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Default Re: Data connection inconsistent and drops out frequently

Sometimes this happens to me aswell. I did notice that the WiFi gets spotty sometimes. The up and down arrows I notice as well. I came from a Nokia lumia 710, so when I switched to the N4 I noticed a remarkable difference for the better on how the internet navigates. I sometimes have to reload pages, but its so infrequent that I rarely noticed. The issues I have with the N4 is text msgs. But that's an issue for another thread. Google just shipped my replacement N4 this morning so when I get it, I'll compare behaviors with the one I'm using now.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Tran View Post
    Not only for data, but for WiFi also on my Nexus 4, the connection doesn't stay strong and often drops in and out constantly. Just by looking at the little WiFi and data connection icon on the notification bar right now, the two up and down arrows flickers constantly, meaning goes on and off constantly. It is very annoying when it doesn't load a webpage, or won't let me upload, or download something the first time, and I have to refresh or retry for it to work. Does anybody have this issue also?
    Is this everywhere, or only in one particular location? Try going different places in whatever city you live, and see if the behavior is consistent. You may just have a bad tower near where you spend most of your time.

Another thing you can try is resetting the APN back to default (copy down what you have first, in case you need to change something afterwords). I was having some weird data problems myself yesterday, but they vanished after I reset the APN.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Tran View Post
    This happens to me all the time. I'm also using a 4g plan on contract from at&t but when I'm using T-Mobile service I never have any problems at all. Probably something to do with at&t hspa+ service, at least that's what it seems like for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums