text message notification?

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got this nexus 4 last week and it's been great so far (battery is a bit disappointing, around 1 day if i use it a lot) but w/e i'll get over it. Right now, one of the things I'm missing is having text message notification on lock screen or even having the messenging icon say how many new messages there are. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I use DashClock Widget to show missed calls, text messages, unread email count, etc on the lockscreen. It's superb, and free.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
dang i thought it was gonna be free.. all those apps would cost me like $10

Ya but since to me it's the most important part of my phone - getting my Notifications, I don't mind spending the 10$ & it works on all my ICS+ devices. Always the first Apps I install when I get a new device.
Definitely worth it for me.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
use dashclock on lockscreen

or Notification Lockscreen Widget

Not a fan of Dashclock because of how it handles Notifications (separately for each Extension requiring more & more Accessibility Settings), but the other one while still missing some features (being able to center the Notifications & clearing the Notifications automatically) for me to be able to use it, it definitely has a lot of potential & a great free option, thanks.

Last edited: