Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Straight Talk & N4 = calls fine, but no data. Bad SIM?

I bought a AT&T microSIM off an eBay seller earlier this week (Straight Talk seems to have stopped selling them) after not being able to get a cut-down normal SIM to work on my new Nexus 4. I bought the unlimited data plan, deleted the default APN and inserted the settings from this forum as well as others.

I can place and receive calls just fine, but when I have wifi turned off, I can't get any data connection of any kind to work. I've tried about a dozen different APN setting variants found on this forum and elsewhere, but nothing working. I am rebooting between settings changes and my account seems to be paid up and should be working.

Is it possible I have a faulty SIM?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Straight Talk & N4 = calls fine, but no data. Bad SIM?

Actually, I can't seem to accept calls on the device, they go straight to voicemail from other phones, so I think something may be up with my account there.

Default Re: Straight Talk & N4 = calls fine, but no data. Bad SIM?

go with the normal ST att apn setting. You should be able to send and received text/calls without any issues. make sure you are using stock dialer and messaging app to troubleshoot.