- 2 Posts
Straight Talk & N4 = calls fine, but no data. Bad SIM?
I bought a AT&T microSIM off an eBay seller earlier this week (Straight Talk seems to have stopped selling them) after not being able to get a cut-down normal SIM to work on my new Nexus 4. I bought the unlimited data plan, deleted the default APN and inserted the settings from this forum as well as others.
I can place and receive calls just fine, but when I have wifi turned off, I can't get any data connection of any kind to work. I've tried about a dozen different APN setting variants found on this forum and elsewhere, but nothing working. I am rebooting between settings changes and my account seems to be paid up and should be working.
Is it possible I have a faulty SIM?
- 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM #3
- 308 Posts
Re: Straight Talk & N4 = calls fine, but no data. Bad SIM?
go with the normal ST att apn setting. You should be able to send and received text/calls without any issues. make sure you are using stock dialer and messaging app to troubleshoot.
LG G2 Verizon LTE
Nexus 4 ST TMO
Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
Palm Pre [ Retired ]
- By Muleskinner392 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-09-2013, 09:31 AM
- By rockdiesel in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-20-2011, 01:23 AM
- By Malachi73 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 4Last Post: 08-17-2010, 08:10 AM
- By myelin in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 07-25-2010, 12:29 AM
- By Double Tap in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 3Last Post: 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM