(Updated: fixed) Instant Upload videos won't fully play on desktop

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily an N4 issue, but...

Last night I was at a show and didn't have my regular camera so I ended up taking a bunch of photos and videos with my N4. I knew the sound quality would suck, so the video clips were short, under two minutes.

When I got back the photos and videos were eventually uploaded automatically with Instant Upload. I created an album, deleted some from the album, and all seemed well.

But then I noticed that that two longer videos only play about the first 13-15 seconds. The photo details show the correct file size and I can even use the download link to grab the entire file and play it fully on a pc. I have tried re-freshing the browser, using different browsers, etc.

How do i get the full video to play? Will I have to manually upload the files and then add them to the album? Was the problem with the google servers or did the N4 do something funny during the upload.

UPDATE:

This seemed to self resolve itself. Hours after the post above I tried loading the video on a laptop and it played fine. This morning I tried playing it on the same desktop I tried before and it also plays fine there. I guess there is some 12+ hours delay before google will properly display lengthier videos?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae