N4 apps only update when I shut down

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I checked in Google Play and its set to update apps at anytime. Normally mine only updates when I shut down and restart. Why?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
it should update automatically except the apps who's permission changes. those has to be manually updated.

They don't. Sometimes the apps will update while the N4 is on. Most of the time I have to shut down so they update. I don't get it.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
What I've noticed is:
- If I restart the phone, it immediately updates all apps as it turns back on
- Updates occur randomly; sometimes they update during the day, sometimes I open the Play Store and notice some aren't updated and I can manually select update

I don't know what the update interval is, but I think it's safe to say all apps are updated or checked for updates at the very least once every 24hrs.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
yes, for me too updates dont come when they really appear on app store, they come in some intervals, or as you said when I restart my phone.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
All the time, I know wifi turns off a lot when screen is off, but I almost never get notified about updates, I go to play store few times a day to see is there any update

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on WiFi at home. My settings in the Google Play store state the the updates should come in ASAP, but they don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad