N4 on at all times?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, so I have been using my N4 for almost 2 months now and I was just curious to know what everyone else with a n4 is doing while their phone is charging at night? So, do you leave it on or shut it down? The reason I ask is because I came from a Nokia lumia 710 and while it charged at night it was always on and there was virtually no way to shut it down. I have always kept my cell phones off at night, just thought they needed to sleep. Lol I know right? Lol. So, what do you do? On or off? Just curious if it causes the n4 to burn out or something keeping it always on. Thanks.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep it on but asleep (meaning turn off the display but don't power it down). Apparently the kernel activates fast charge only when the phone is on, so it should charge faster when on. Although if you're charging overnight it should charge fully either way. I personally don't like powering off my phone anyway because it clears notifications and recent apps.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i keep it always on. its a device meant to be always ON. you are being too paranoia.
although i use greenify app to hibernate most always running app to save battery. The app take care of it by itself.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Huh, OK well thanks for the heads up. With all my non smartphones I turned em off at night. I really hated forgetin to turn on vibrate and getting texts and calls at 2am. Lol. Its become second nature now with my smartphone.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Huh, OK well thanks for the heads up. With all my non smartphones I turned em off at night. I really hated forgetin to turn on vibrate and getting texts and calls at 2am. Lol. Its become second nature now with my smartphone.
hmm seems like you haven't heard of apps that automatically turn to silent/vibrate at time you specify.
Tasker is one such which can do more than what i said. I bought the app recently for $1.99(usual price $6.49) its well worth the price.

here are some of my automation:
As soon i reach home and when my N4 connect to my wifi router turn my data off
turn gps on only when i open navigation app, switch it off when i close it. for all other apps it will be off.

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

I use a free app called I'm Sleeping. You can set certain contacts to ring or text through or set up if someone calls two times in a row it will ring through

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
hmm seems like you haven't heard of apps that automatically turn to silent/vibrate at time you specify.
Tasker is one such which can do more than what i said. I bought the app recently for $1.99(usual price $6.49) its well worth the price.

here are some of my automation:
turn gps on only when i open navigation app, switch it off when i close it. for all other apps it will be off.

Meet my girlfriend with vibrate on she will find a way to wake you, beats the complaints if its off and she called during the night.
Anyways I think that answers the thread, I leave mine on at night and it doubles as an 5am alarm anyways.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I was under the impression that when the N4 is connected to WiFi, it automatically disconnects from data unless needed (for picture messages). So you can't get picture messages when you are at home?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that when the N4 is connected to WiFi, it automatically disconnects from data unless needed (for picture messages). So you can't get picture messages when you are at home?
It will disconnect but it wont switch off data. I have set wifi to sleep when screen is off.
This is make data to be used at night and i didnt want to do the switch manually

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12