Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else power button feel kinda mushy?

Maybe it's just me, but I noticed my power button on my nexus 4 seems A bit mushy. Like, it still clicks. But it doesn't seem as click as before.

I'm using the official bumper case, and I noticed that the phones powerbutton underneath the case has become more recessed. I'm not sure by how much.

I'm just wondering if this is normal.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Default Re: Anyone else power button feel kinda mushy?

I don't know.. But its definitely not like on the other phones that i had. You don't get that click feedback with N4.

I agree with both of you, definitely. If I had to nitpick, sure, I wish it gave a more sturdy, satisfying click, but for this caliber of a phone for $350, I absolutely couldn't care less.

Besides, the button feels much better with my Poetic bumper wrapped over it.

Long story short, yes, it's a bit on the softer side, but it's nothing to worry about.

One thing I like about my silicon case is that it makes it easier to get the power button to work.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

For some reason it's bothering me. I mean, I know it doesn't really effect my actual phone, but still

On my N4 it has a nice click feel, but my wife's is more on the mushy side (not as great of a tactile feedback).

Yeah, the power button is the one part of the phone that isn't an upgrade over the GN to me - in my case it's not the feedback so much as I feel like it's too flush with the side, so you don't get the full travel of the button (I think that's why it feels mushy to a lot of people, because you often don't push the button in all the way, instead stopping when your finger runs into the side of the phone).

My Nexus 4 button has also lost it's mojo. It happened suddenly where the feel of the button press became softer and less defined as a click. My wife's Nexus 4 button feels normal and mine is jelly like. I might get a new power button circuit board off Ebay for about $15 and install myself. Doesn't look too hard on Youtube.

You folks worry about the silliest things.......

Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    You folks worry about the silliest things.......
    Yep, we really do. I don't have much confidence in this power button being able to hold up, so I have been trying to minimize the number of times that I press it. To help this, I have an app that turns the screen on using the proximity sensor. The power button doesn't have a very crisp click. On the contrary, it is quite soft; a characteristic which doesn't inspire confidence.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoman View Post
    Yep, we really do. I don't have much confidence in this power button being able to hold up, so I have been trying to minimize the number of times that I press it. To help this, I have an app that turns the screen on using the proximity sensor. The power button doesn't have a very crisp click. On the contrary, it is quite soft; a characteristic which doesn't inspire confidence.

The power button is probably a pressure sensitive contact, that is really not designed to "click" but to make a momentary contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainbob767 View Post
    The power button is probably a pressure sensitive contact, that is really not designed to "click" but to make a momentary contact.
    Yes, I know. I meant "click" as in the feeling that it imparts when I press it.