Nexus4 won't ring when calling on google talk and screen is locked

big_mu5

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem with my N4, whenever the screen is locked and the phone is not in the charger, calls on google talk or viper do not appear and the phone stays silent.
once i press the lock key, if the caller is still trying, then it rings!
I experimented with it several times, it is very consistent, is it a bug or some wrong power-saving related setting?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Known problem with Nexus 4 WiFi.. Google have been made aware but nothing has happened so far.. Hopefully in the next update it will be fixed. To get around the problem you either need to get a new router, set a static arp on your router or you need to change some system files which means you need a rooted device.

zahidm

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Known problem with Nexus 4 WiFi.. Google have been made aware but nothing has happened so far.. Hopefully in the next update it will be fixed. To get around the problem you either need to get a new router, set a static arp on your router or you need to change some system files which means you need a rooted device.

^this. The problem occurs on some routers and not others.. You can also try an app called "advanced wifi lock" from the play store. It fixed the issue for me, but battery life takes a big hit since the app basically keeps your device awake all the time you are on wifi. This and the other methods mentioned above are just temporary ways to get around this issue until google provides a real fix (which will most likely come with KLP). I'm actually really disappointed that google released a phone with such a fundamental flaw and then has essentially ignored the issue for the last 4 months.

big_mu5

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Too bad, but thanks for the explanation.
What i do not understand is what does the router have to do with it... does the phone drop connection when it locks screen to save power?
Thanks for the explanation and pardon my ignorance :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae