Swipe right from last photo in gallery loads camera

blandest

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
If I am looking through photos in gallery, either in filmstrip view or whilst zoomed in on each picture I can swipe left or right through them. If I am at the "last" photo and swipe left to right, the camera app loads. Is there any way to stop this? If not, is there any way to make it load my preferred camera app rather than the stock one?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I am looking through photos in gallery, either in filmstrip view or whilst zoomed in on each picture I can swipe left or right through them. If I am at the "last" photo and swipe left to right, the camera app loads. Is there any way to stop this? If not, is there any way to make it load my preferred camera app rather than the stock one?

Can't stop it, and I don't think you can change it either. Maybe a completely different gallery app, but I can't recommend any since I use the stock Gallery.

blandest

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for your quick reply :) It's only a small thing but am glad to hear I wasn't missing an obvious setting to change it.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Since "Gallery" is combined with the Camera I don't think you can assign a different Camera App.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting to the gallery by using the gallery app or through the camera app?

I think you must be in the camera photos album (as that is the only album that does that). Try using the grid view as opposed to the filmstrip view. That will at least stop it from going into camera mode when you swipe over. And also get to the gallery through the gallery app, not the phone app.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo