Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I keep my current AT&T iPhone 5 data plan if I switch to Nexus 4?

I currently have 2GB of LTE data per month for $25 on my iPhone 5. I am only 6 months into the contract. But I want to switch to the Nexus 4.

Three questions:

1. Will I get to keep my current data plan? (I know I will lose LTE, but that's something I can live with.)
    2. Will I be able to use the tethering feature on my new Nexus 4 with my current data plan? Will AT&T get to know about it and start charging me for it? (I understand you can tether on the AT&T network only if you have the Mobile Share plan)
    3. Will AT&T charge me for the new SIM card or slap me with an upgrade fee when I switch phones?

Default Re: Can I keep my current AT&T iPhone 5 data plan if I switch to Nexus 4?

I just did this same thing this week. Went into the ATT store and they gave me the sim card for free...changed my provisioning on the computer to make my data work and off I went...no charge and no change to my data plan. Also, she gave me another free nano sim in case I decide to go back to my iphone 5. She even put the sim card in the Nexus and tested calls and data was working before I left.

David
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can I keep my current AT&T iPhone 5 data plan if I switch to Nexus 4?

Thanks for the reply. By the way do you use your phone for tethering? Does AT&T care if you do?

I did the same thing what bandityo did but in Nov as soon as i got my Nexus 4.

1. Yes, you will keep the current data plan. nothing changes on your plan except like you said you wont get LTE
    2. ATT wont know if you are tethering since its Nexus and ATT dont have its tethering software in it to track it.
    3. No, ATT wont charge anything. they even give away the sim for free.