Just ordered my first Nexus 4.

tibbi64

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I just ordered a Nexus 4 16 GB from Google Play. I currently have an iphone4 Verizon working with no service using Google Voice on Wifi. But I needed a working phone and was not going to pay Verizon $100 a month for 1 GB of data.

tibbi64

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You have Solavei? how is it? I was thinking of getting on that plan. But going to see how the $30 T-mobile unlimited data and text plan works for me, then may switch.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been very happy with Solavei. :) It's better than Sprint, I can't believe how many years I was with them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Congrats and welcome. I just picked up my N4 last Wednesday. After I got my N7, I just had to have an N4. I love Vanilla.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Infinite7154

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to a whole new world my friend. Everything you thought you knew you don't know. Stock Android is going to blow your mind. Take baby steps...go slow or you'll create sensory overload to your brain. Read...read and then read some more. Android Central and XDA-Developers are you're new best friends.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the new buy. You'll never want to go back to a skinned version of android again.

Whenever I saw comments like these, I thought "what fanboy propaganda". I bought the nexus 4 because it had good specs for the price and was unlocked....

Then I got my N4 and it turned me into a nexus fanboy... as rsxtcy4me said, you'll never go back :)

tacosrdelicioso

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I saw comments like these, I thought "what fanboy propaganda". I bought the nexus 4 because it had good specs for the price and was unlocked....

Then I got my N4 and it turned me into a nexus fanboy... as rsxtcy4me said, you'll never go back :)

Everything in iPhone world is fanboy propaganda

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

LMAO

Dudefella123

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the new buy. You'll never want to go back to a skinned version of android again.

I had a GS3 before this and there were so many instances where I found lag or graphical bugs. I thought it was just the way Android was. One example was the Google Now image search results view. It would only render to half of the screen and was cumbersome to navigate. After getting my Nexus 4 it turns out it was just Touchwiz. Everything is fluid and fast in stock android. The image search function in Google Now is fast and renders properly.

I also found myself not needing Swiftkey anymore. Stock Jelly bean keyboard is perfect.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a GS3 before this and there were so many instances where I found lag or graphical bugs. I thought it was just the way Android was. One example was the Google Now image search results view. It would only render to half of the screen and was cumbersome to navigate. After getting my Nexus 4 it turns out it was just Touchwiz. Everything is fluid and fast in stock android. The image search function in Google Now is fast and renders properly.

I also found myself not needing Swiftkey anymore. Stock Jelly bean keyboard is perfect.

I sorta of credit it to the hardware. I just think the fact that the Nexus 4 has a quad core cpu and 2GB of ram kinda helps out the situation of keeping everything smooth and snappy. And I've been using swiftkey for about 2 years now so even though I tried going back to the stock keyboard I found myself missing swiftkey too much and just went back.