Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dawundasom
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 ringer not ringing

My Nexus 4 doesn't ring even when ring volume is set to max and silent mode is disabled. All I get is a visual call alert on my screen. I've checked and re-checked all the settings, tried a reboot, and still having the same problem.

Anyone else experienced this issue and found a fix that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Nexus 4 ringer not ringing

Are other audio functions working? Such as text/SMS alerts, music or youtube through the speaker etc?
    Nexus 4 AOKP ROM | Blackberry Playbook (to be replaced with Nexus 7) | Bold 9700 for work (to be replaced with S4 or Note2)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, that's the strange part. All other alerts (email arrival, appointments, alarms, etc.) are working. Just the ringer when a call comes in isn't working. I've had the phone maybe 3 weeks and originally the ringer was working fine.

Try switching the ring tone... is it audible when you select it there?

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Must be a setting or a conflicting app. Do you have gVoice, Groove IP, etc or lightflow? Curious to the point above as well.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Bria SIP appears to be the culprit. After turning off Bria's "run on startup" setting and doing a full reboot, ringer is back to working. I'd done prior reboots without disabling that Bria setting and it had not fixed the problem.
    ConTejas likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

As for question from Jaysus, the switching ringtones idea was also tried before I started fiddling with Bria and it didn't have any impact.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Glad you found the solution! You should email the developer(s) and alert them so they can get that fixed.
    Nexus 4 AOKP ROM | Blackberry Playbook (to be replaced with Nexus 7) | Bold 9700 for work (to be replaced with S4 or Note2)

Hi,

this happened to mine too. No idea what caused it as I don't use the app mentioned. All other phone sounds worked OK and selecting a new ringtone made no difference to the problem. A reboot fixed it.

My wife's Nexus 4 has the exact same problem.

It plays sounds through the speaker just fine. In fact, it plays the ringtone when selecting it on the settings menu. Just not when a call is incoming.

Changing the ringtone has no effect. Neither does rebooting the phone. I've tried booting the phone into safe mode, and nothing (so if it is app-related, it must be a google app, since that's all that runs in safe mode).

Anyone have any suggestions for anything else I can try? I'm kinda at a loss here...

Hi. Had the same issue. The problem was in the volume. Try to go to Settings -> Sound -> Volumes. Find there "Alarms" item and check volume value. My was 0. =)

I have been experiencing the same problem for almost 3 weeks. I've tried changing the ringer; I went to settings to sound to volumes and everything is turned up there. I've rebooted countless times. I've downloaded different ringtones. I've tried the ringtones that came with the phone.

I saw where someone was talking about Bria. I don't know what that is. It's not something I've downloaded unless it came on the phone. Please give me some ideas. I'm missing important calls every day. If I have it sitting on my desk and I happen to see someone is calling, then I can answer. Otherwise, I never hear a thing. All my other sounds like the notifications, alarms and apps work just fine. It's just any incoming call.

Default Nexus 4 ringer not ringing

If anyone who has posted before about having this problem please contact me with how you fixed the problem. Thanks.

Hi All...

I just got my nexus 4 yesterday with stock android 4.2.2

It is not rooted

The in call speaker volume is very very low...

Also, the ring tone volume is very low..

Other than that I love my phone..

Please help..

i dont know how does it happens but i have quick solution , just go to play music & play a song i speaker mode & its works