So, found out I bought a fake charger.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I just found out, through a fair bit of examination and research, that the Motorola rapid charge car charger I purchased on amazon is most likely a counterfeit. I found this out by looking at item product number and comparing that to what it's supposed to be. And a few reviews said the number I have on mine doesn't even exist.

So, now I'm worried my phone is damaged in some way now or my battery has been effected. Is there anyway to tell? My dash clock battery widget extension says battery health is good.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I doubt your phone is damaged.

On the product page, some users have posted pics to determine what is counterfeit. Check that out. Contact Amazon to review the issue. IF you are correct, you certainly will get a refund.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I doubt your phone is damaged.

On the product page, some users have posted pics to determine what is counterfeit. Check that out. Contact Amazon to review the issue. IF you are correct, you certainly will get a refund.

Well, I suppose the only damage would be to battery life, nothing else, right? Again, thing seem fine

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would think the hardware of the phone would prevent any real damage to your battery with overcharging and such. With a counterfeit, I would think issues would be more related to complete failure - all or nothing type of things.

If the product was sold by Amazon, I think it's highly unlikely that it is counterfeit. If it was sold by a 3rd party seller on Amazon, then I guess the chance is much greater. DO you have a link to the product page? I bought one of the same from Amazon months ago and it has worked flawlessly for me.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I would think the hardware of the phone would prevent any real damage to your battery with overcharging and such. With a counterfeit, I would think issues would be more related to complete failure - all or nothing type of things.

If the product was sold by Amazon, I think it's highly unlikely that it is counterfeit. If it was sold by a 3rd party seller on Amazon, then I guess the chance is much greater. DO you have a link to the product page? I bought one of the same from Amazon months ago and it has worked flawlessly for me.
Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just overly paranoid my phone is gonna slowdown now or something

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Someone has done all the sleuthing for you already - go to this page when you are on a PC next: Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Look at the user submitted photo section and it will lay out what the fakes look like. This one is sold by amazon directly - highly doubt it's a fake. :p

Well, either mine legit or I have a pretty good looking knock off. Mine has that holo sticker and a model number. Only thing I did t understand as when they talked about the info on he plug looking brownish or whatever.

So, the one I linked to was sold FROM amazon, right? It says some company called motion ease was giving it. But maybe that's just where the amazon where house got it from and it's legit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks