The weak antenna issue is becoming a deal breaker

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Was on subway trying to get next train info but chrome wouldnt connect while my phone said I had HSPA 15 connection. This isn't the first time.

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. My time without signal was always between 30-50% at work. I returned mine unfortunately because of this. I was checking this forum to see if anything had gotten better with it. I love stock android

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Strange...my Nexus 4 has a better signal than my previous HTC Inspire in my office at work. So I know the radio/antenna is better. I couldn't even use my old phone in my office at work. Now I can use it. I have AT&T and I bet that might matter. I have had zero issues and I travel a lot for work. I would be more suspicious of the carrier's signal in these areas rather than the phone.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Its not just @ work, its when i want to use the phone and i cant. Its disappointing b/c i really like it. Thing is i dont know what a replacement is going to do to correct this if its the same build.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that my N4 has poorer reception than my Htc one x. I have my one x set on 4g. The N4 seems to have a harder time getting a wireless signal and the WiFi reception is not as good as my one x. I really like my N4 and I would hate to return it because of bad reception. I do like how fast the OS is, but I like to use WiFi a lot if I can, especially at work on night shift. Is this normal for this phone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I use a mifi device and the consistency of my connection and distance that it has is as good or better than any other phones at work. I know because I let them all leach off my WiFi so I know exactly what point they and I will cut out. The phones consist of an galaxy s3, galaxy s2, and iPhone 5. The nexus 4 has more reach than the iPhone 5. I think the problem you guys are having is carrier based.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have tested my 3 devices on my WiFi at work. My iPod 5 and HTC one x both have better WiFi reception than my N4. I thought that the nexus had 2 WiFi receivers? This should make it better I would think.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Here are speed tests I did on both my one x and N4. The higher speeds are my one x. Both were on wofi.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366271268214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366271268214.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 115
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366271281445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366271281445.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 115

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a new phone for this reason...

Sadly if I knew about this before hand I would have bought an I phone instead or kept my galaxy s3

sent from my Nexus 4 // GeekSquad FT ARA // NYLI

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing this problem using Chrome beta for Android by any chance? The latest release has some problems.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I contacted google last night, but i was unable to resolve the issue with a single call. Im waiting on the follow-up. Id blame chrome but i think the issue isnt isolated. When i called google the call began cutting out and by the end neither of us could hear each other. All the while, like before, my N4 status was bouncing between t-mobile HSPA 10- and 15. So now im just waiting for google to follow up.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This wont help for data connections, but for wifi, if you go into the advanced wifi settings, you can uncheck wifi optimization. Will use more battery but improve the wifi range. According to some research, This setting controls the power over the WiFi transmitting/reciever. So this option on reduced the power which in turn reduces the range on the Wi-FI you're searching for. But apparantly the power setting is so high in its normal setting even this reduction means the WiFi power consumption is still extremely high.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo