Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By frenziedfemale
  • 1 Post By The Hustleman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Melted my micro usb port!

I plugged my nexus 4 in and realised it wasn't charging I moved it to another socket and it still didn't charge. Then I noticed a sort of soldering smell I unplugged my phone as quickly as possible but it still seems it the micro usb port got melted slightly. The phone will charge but is not recognised by my pc. What should I do to fix this i.e. send it back buy spare parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    *edit my original micro USB cable is totally useless to charge and attempt to connect to the PC I used a different cable
    Last edited by highlander2496; 04-21-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Default Re: Melted my micro usb port!

My first thought would be to send it back to LG or Google, I am pretty sure that is not an intended feature
    Daanyyaal likes this.

WARRANTY!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Daanyyaal likes this.

Just call/email Google and RMA it.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Hi!

How did it go? Did the warranty cover it? The same happened to my nexus 4 (ordered a wireless charger to make sure I saved everything before sending it off), so I'm a bit curious. I contacted LG, sent it in and they claimed water damage! I've only had it for a couple of months and been really careful with it. They want 200 to repair it or 20 for just sending it back. It's a joke!