- 1 Posts
Melted my micro usb port!
I plugged my nexus 4 in and realised it wasn't charging I moved it to another socket and it still didn't charge. Then I noticed a sort of soldering smell I unplugged my phone as quickly as possible but it still seems it the micro usb port got melted slightly. The phone will charge but is not recognised by my pc. What should I do to fix this i.e. send it back buy spare parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
*edit my original micro USB cable is totally useless to charge and attempt to connect to the PC I used a different cable
Last edited by highlander2496; 04-21-2013 at 08:34 AM.
- 04-21-2013, 10:40 AM #2
- 04-21-2013, 10:41 AM #3
- 04-21-2013, 12:39 PM #4
- 05-28-2013, 11:23 AM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: Melted my micro usb port!
How did it go? Did the warranty cover it? The same happened to my nexus 4 (ordered a wireless charger to make sure I saved everything before sending it off), so I'm a bit curious. I contacted LG, sent it in and they claimed water damage! I've only had it for a couple of months and been really careful with it. They want £200 to repair it or £20 for just sending it back. It's a joke!
- By Parafly in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 03-29-2013, 08:03 PM
- By willypguy in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 9Last Post: 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
- By dfine1966 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 44Last Post: 04-24-2011, 06:43 PM
- By kilofox in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 11Last Post: 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
- By thefredelement in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 08-25-2010, 05:18 PM