Here's why I hope LG doesn't make any more Nexus phones

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
From everything I've read on this forum, the Nexus 4 suffers from the following problems:

1. Sub-par screen
2. Sub-par camera
3. Horrible battery life
4. Extremely fragile design
5. What else??

Who cares if the phone is made of glass and looks good. The Nexus brand deserves something better without basic issues like the ones above.

Here's to hoping that Nexus 5 is made by HTC or Motorola. :cheers:

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
From everything I've read on this forum, the Nexus 4 suffers from the following problems:

1. Sub-par screen
2. Sub-par camera
3. Horrible battery life
5. What else??

Who cares if the phone is made of glass and looks good. The Nexus brand deserves something better without basic issues like the ones above.

No way! All those "issues" are hard ware issues I suffer none of those problems(besides battery) the screen is awesome the camera is just as good as the 4S and the design is awesome.

Don't forget this is Googles phone not LG's I hope LG makes more Nexus phones.

Montymobile

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Really I like the screen , the camera is ok, The battery life is the best I have ever had with a smartphone and its not fragile if you put it in a case . What else oh yes I suspect you are trolling

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am always amazed at how great the display looks. It is one of the best I have ever seen. My battery life is also good, I can use throughout the day and still have enough to make it through the night till the next morning.

It's no more fragile than an iPhone or any other phone.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
the display is really good, but the one thing I'll say is that the colours are a but soft and muted on it. I wish they were just a bit more vibrant. The black levels are also not as good as a super AMOLED display but that's just a function of the physical displays. The screen is by no means perfect but it is among the best I've ever looked at.

The camera isn't terrible. it isn't up to the standard of the best phone cameras on the market today, which is unfortunate, but as long as the light is good you can get perfectly usable pictures out of it for everything that you'll need a phone camera to do. If you need the absolute best pictures possible, get a real camera. Simple.

The battery life is on par or a bit above any other smartphone.

the device is no more or less fragile than most other phones. Mine has taken a couple tumbles and is no worse for it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

1. Sub-par screen
2. Sub-par camera
3. Horrible battery life
5. What else??

Do you have a Nexus 4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The N4 is an awesome device. I have had 0 problems with it and the battery life is amazing! The camera could be better Id say but the display is definitely up there with the 4S

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine works perfectly, has none of the issues you listed, and I really don't care if LEGO makes the next Nexus, I'll buy it and I'll love it.

Eternal1999

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No complaints on my end, I'll continue to buy Nexus phones from Google regardless of who manufactured it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't blame LG for the glass design..... Google approved it. The screen is very good as is the battery and aantenna.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Number 5?

Signal Strength/Reception. The LG radio is ****e. This is a well documented flaw supported by the shear number of phones being replaced, like mine, by Google. And without too much resistance either. So what flavor should the next pitcher of Kool-Aid be?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

1. Sub-par screen
2. Sub-par camera
3. Horrible battery life
5. What else??

Not a shread of truth in this post, but otherwise I'm not going to offer troll fodder. I do hope that the next Nexus is made by HTC or Moto, but LG really stepped up their game with the N4.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
And not by Samsung. The radios on the GNex are absolute crap.

Not only the radios, but the screen was crap. I don't care how much the colors pop, or how deep the blacks are when I have the blue ghosting of the notification and navigation bars on my screen and bluesish whites when I watch videos! No more amoled screens for me.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why Google would use LG again, or HTC, now that it owns Motorola Mobility.

Well it probably wouldn't sit well for Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG or the others that made Android what it is today. If it wasn't for Verizon and the Droid line. Sprint and the EVO line. AT&T never really did much for Android before the GS2, and T-Mobile with the first Android the G1, myTouch and so on, Android would have failed years ago. . The nexus one and the nexus s weren't big hits. The Nexus 4 got the headlines due to the price, and was riding on the success of the Nexus 7 a few months earlier. These two devices really made people think twice before dropping two to three times the price on something else, and why they should pay that much.

Larry Page even said they wouldn't treat Motorola unlike any other partner. All get equal share, and this last time LG won it with the design, hardware, and manufacturing capacity. Nexus 5, who knows? I personally hope for a HTC, but I want the $299/$349 price point to remain even more. I could care less if Huwai (however you spell it lol) makes the Nexus 5, can't be worse the Galaxy Nexus was.