Phantom incoming call in car?

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I had an odd occurrence today, although I'm not sure if it's the phone or my car's Bluetooth.

I got an incoming call at work today. (And this is why the $30 TMO plan works for me, it was my first incoming call and I couldn't figure how to answer it, LOL). I ended up calling him back from my desk phone.

Anyhow the weird part is that an hour or so later, I was driving home. I'd been in the car about 5 minutes and the car's Bluetooth chimed with an incoming call from the same person. I fumbled to answer that (at least I know how to answer the BT). I kept hitting the answer button on the car and nothing happened. So I called the other person right back and he seemed surprised to hear from me. I said I was calling him back and he said he'd only called the one time an hour or so before.

At the next stop, I checked the actual phone's log and it only showed his call from earlier in the day followed by my outgoing call, but what had appeared on the car's BT screen very definitely had said his name.

Anyhow, it was a little disconcerting, in part because I knew he was driving to an out of state family emergency. Any explanation for the phantom call? Would the phone and car somehow synch up the incoming call log or something and reactivate it? Seems unlikely because I've missed a few spam calls that never resurfaced? Or could I have accidentally triggered some action when I was originally swiping randomly at the phone trying to answer it?

FWIW - as mentioned I'm on T-Mobile and the car is a Hyundai Tucson (2011) with built-in Bluetooth which (up til now, knock on wood!) hasn't had any problems since the early days of my old Epic phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21