Voicemail Disappeared?

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I use the swipe down feature a lot to look at all of my notifications. I've been waiting for an important call, and when I checked my notifications it said I had a voicemail from that number. I was in the middle of a meeting and couldn't get to it right then. When I checked again 10 minutes later that notification was gone, and when when I checked my voicemail there was no message from that number. Has this happened to anyone else?

A separate incident happened two weeks ago where I never got a group text message from an iphone user. It was important text where I missed a meeting because of it. They showed me the group text with my number correctly included as an addressee, yet I never received it. I now hate wondering if I'm missing other messages. Anyone have any thoughts?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Google Voice? If so, yes. I will see the notification icon, but there is no record of a voice mail message in either the app or the call log. Then like 4 hours later, it will appear in the notification list.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you using Google Voice? If so, yes. I will see the notification icon, but there is no record of a voice mail message in either the app or the call log. Then like 4 hours later, it will appear in the notification list.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

No, not using google voice. I am using t-mobile's visual voicemail. Sometimes I get a notification from the visual voicemail that I have a message, and sometimes the notification is just a standard message that says I have a voicemail from a particular number. This time it was a non-visual voicemail notification. When I called into my actual voicemail account there was no message from that number either. Strange. I'm now wondering if I missed a message from this person or not.

GsusReigns

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Oops, nevermind. I googled the area code and first 3 digits 805-637 and people are saying that is t-mobiles backdoor voicemail number. I don't know what that means but that sort of explains it I guess. Just a coincidence that I'm expecting a call from an 805 number. The issue with the group text that I never got is still a mystery however.

mabrahms

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure about the t-mobile backdoor. I'm on Verizon and all my voicemails just disappeared today. They were there last night, now they're gone. I guess I'll call Verizon.