Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Gmail app

    How do you empty the trash on this app?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    I don't think you ever empty trash in gmail.



    Sent from my phone with the app.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    If you want to VIEW the trash, click "Inbox" at the top, choose "Show All Labels", then select "Trash". That will allow you to view what you've deleted/put in the trash. But like kirkiscool said, I don't think you can actually empty it. You just archive it, which you can do once you're viewing the "Trash" label.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    empty trash is a missing feature in gmail app. hope they add it soon.

    the only way right now is to do it via web
  5. #5  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: Gmail app

    I really cannot believe that this hasn't been implemented yet. Unbelievable.

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    I don't think it's in the app, it's definitely a feature in the desktop web experience.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    one of the most stupid things ever not being able to and it needs to be there

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Just wait 30 days everything auto deletes. I honestly didnt even know there was an "empty trash" feature on the desktop Gmail. once I trash it, its' trashed. I dont think this is a critical missing feature.
    planoman likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    Just wait 30 days everything auto deletes. I honestly didnt even know there was an "empty trash" feature on the desktop Gmail. once I trash it, its' trashed. I dont think this is a critical missing feature.
    I think the 30 days to empty the trash is a default setting for Gmail, that can be changed, again, through the desktop only.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Gmail originally didn't even have a Delete button, they meant the system to store all your emails forever.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    You're absolutely right, I'd forgotten about that.
  12. #12  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: Gmail app

    I still think that's stupid and LAZY on their part. I really do.

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
  13. #13  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Actually surprised at Google; usually they know exactly what we want, breathe and eat.

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Why would you even need to empty the trash folder? Its essentially unlimited storage.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Why would you even need to empty the trash folder? Its essentially unlimited storage.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Are you for real? Seriously?

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Why would you even need to empty the trash folder? Its essentially unlimited storage.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Next time you log in to Gmail on a desktop pc look at the bottom. You'll see how much space you have left. It's not unlimited. But yes, most people will never reach the limit.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)
  17. #17  
    llamabreath's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Why would you even need to empty the trash folder? Its essentially unlimited storage.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Why would you need to drink water? You could always drink juice.

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    TvTechGuru likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    I have thousands and thousands of emails still in my inbox. I never trash anything or really even archive it. I have 7 in my trash. After about 10 years of having gmail.. 7. And I never even knew you could empty the trash.

    Sent from my phone with the app.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    I have thousands and thousands of emails still in my inbox. I never trash anything or really even archive it. I have 7 in my trash. After about 10 years of having gmail.. 7. And I never even knew you could empty the trash.

    Sent from my phone with the app.
    You keep thousands of emails in your inbox? That's crazy. I keep no more than 10 emails in my inbox at a time. I have made several folders/labels to keep everything organized. Once I no longer need an email I trash it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)
    valpd likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    You keep thousands of emails in your inbox? That's crazy. I keep no more than 10 emails in my inbox at a time. I have made several folders/labels to keep everything organized. Once I no longer need an email I trash it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Yep, me too. I dont like thousands of emails sitting around, once I am done with it I bin it.
    TvTechGuru and valpd like this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    I'm an email hoarder.

    Sent from my phone with the app.
  22. #22  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    I'm an email hoarder.

    Sent from my phone with the app.
    Me too. I've had gmail forever and have 20,000+ emails. It's no big deal, I'm not even close to the limit. So what's the problem?

    What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
    kirksucks likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    Are you for real? Seriously?

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    Yes, I am. The only reason to empty your trash folder manually is because you're running out of room. I've been with gmail fit years and still only use about 10pct of my allocated space.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Originally not having to worry about deleting stuff was one of the features of gmail.

    Sent from my phone with the app.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by llamabreath View Post
    I still think that's stupid and LAZY on their part. I really do.

    < Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    The more email you leave there the more tailored the advertisements for your psychological profile.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gmail app question
    By Jetster220 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
  2. Gmail app question
    By Jetster220 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. Gmail App Question
    By gus_mccrae in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 09:25 AM
  4. How do you change the gmail app account?
    By Kamen in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 02:13 AM
  5. Gmail App Problem - Sent email's showing in Inbox
    By lastdetailwd in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

B