Make your Nexus appear faster

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a little trick to make your Nexus appear faster. It does NOT make your phone faster but it just gives it the appearance of being super super quick.

Go to Settings>About Phone
Click on Build Number multiple times until it says you have now become a developer
Go back and you should now see developer options above About Phone
In developer options you should see Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale and Animator Animation Scale
These should be set to 1x, set them to .5x
Now all the animations will be half the time giving the phone a even faster feel
You can set the animations to off but this ruins the experience IMO

P.S if you ever wanted to get rid of the CRT TV off animation when you lock your device. Turning off animations and restarting your phone will get rid of it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a little trick to make your Nexus appear faster. It does NOT make your phone faster but it just gives it the appearance of being super super quick.

Go to Settings>About Phone
Click on Build Number multiple times until it says you have now become a developer
Go back and you should now see developer options above About Phone
In developer options you should see Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale and Animator Animation Scale
These should be set to 1x, set them to .5x
Now all the animations will be half the time giving the phone a even faster feel
You can set the animations to off but this ruins the experience IMO

P.S if you ever wanted to get rid of the CRT TV off animation when you lock your device. Turning off animations and restarting your phone will get rid of it.

true, disabling it ruin the experience. I always set it to .5 on all my devices and it feels quick.
I have been doing with all my android devices.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL... Okay, did not read the POINT5 and went to 5... I actually liked that. :)

Then I went to the point5 and tried it.

Thanks anyway, I guess I'm just not in that much of a hurry. :p

Back to 1x.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want to get rid of the CRT TV turn off effect? That's one of the really cool and unique things about the phone and doesn't effect performance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Huh I guess I'm in to much of a hurry. First thing I do with my android phones is turn animations off. I just want to touch my screen have it do it I don't need any fancy animations.

Sent directly from my brain!