1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Picture question

I recently had to reset my phone. When I set up my settings in gallery I had it sync with my gmail account. I assumed that they would repopulate when I signed back in. Am I wrong? Did i loose all my pics. Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Default Re: Picture question

Did you ever sign up for google drive?

As far as I know google only backs up contacts and such from the OS. Photos are usually backed up to a memory card or an online (cloud) storage app like drive or dropbox.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

So what does it mean in the gallery settings "google photos sync is on"? Thanks

That just means that pictures uploaded to picasa/google+ will be viewable on your device.

Camera pictures are uploaded automatically (assuming you have Google+ and instant upload is turned on), but no other pictures are.

gallery sync will sync your photos from google+/picase to your phone but instant upload is what you have to enable to upload pictures.

see if you have pictures here

Does anyone sync with Skydrive? I just set up Skydrive and I also downloaded the app to my phone. I went into my photo Gallery settings, Google photos sync is ON. When I tap that, the Sync box comes up and shows my google account and Skydrive, I tap Skydrive, and then when I tap the 3 dots and tap Sync now, nothing happens. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

I also went into my google+ account and there are no pictures saved there either. I don't really use google+, but do I need to enable something in the g+ app so that my pictures and videos can be saved there?

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    I also went into my google+ account and there are no pictures saved there either. I don't really use google+, but do I need to enable something in the g+ app so that my pictures and videos can be saved there?
    It's confusing to get to, I agree. Here's how you check to see if it's turned on...

1. Go to Settings and look for Accounts.
    2. Click on Google, then tap on Google+.
    3. Under Photos & Videos, tap on Instant Upload and check if the toggle is On or Off.

You can also change all your instant upload settings here, for G+ at least. For Skydrive, it sounds like you have it set up but double check to see if you have "only sync when on wi-fi" set under the menu I mentioned above. Also try taking a test pic and see if it shows up on your Skydrive. I don't use the app myself, so I'm not sure where to look if the test pic doesn't show up and you're sure Skydrive is set to sync.

Thanks for your help. I did take a test photo and Skydrive did not upload it, but I was able to turn on the Instant Upload for g+ and am uploading everything now.